CH 11

THE REASON WHY SPIRITS LINGER AROUND.

"So, you think this is the girl that I like?" Tine asked for the hundredth time all the way from Sarawat's bed where he was laying on his belly with the chin in his hands, or actually hovering horizontally since Tine never really touched any corporeal surfaces. Sarawat's cell phone was perched on a pillow below him, the screen showing a picture of a cute girl. They had gone through Tine's Instagram account high and low, finally stumbling over one speculative account that could very well be Tine's possible love interest. "Pear," he said aloud tentatively, trying out how the name rolled off of his tongue.

Sarawat rolled his big eyes in exasperation, completely ignoring Tine's silly antics. He was currently sitting at the tiny study desk, typing up a belated school report on his laptop, deft fingers moving over the keyboard swiftly.

Tine was now all about this crush of his, pestering Sarawat for more information and pictures of the girl, which only aggravated Sarawat even further. He understood the significance the girl and the crush itself might have on Tine's afterlife but something about that just did not resonate within Sarawat. Not at all. Consequently he found himself dragging his feet to get a hold of the female and avoiding the topic all together whenever possible. Nevertheless they had still managed, by ways of Facebook stalking, to find out that Pear too was in the music club. This meant that Sarawat would at least have an excuse to approach her more naturally, disregarding how suspicious it would already seem since he never really talked to anyone else outside of his group of friends, especially a female junior.

"Waaat," Tine whined, insistent on getting his attention.

Sarawat felt a heated flush run along his neck and pooling in his lower belly, his fingers stilling on the keys. Where the hell had Tine managed to pick up his nickname? Tine was slowly but surely getting under his skin, it both worried and excited Sarawat. Tine was too cute for his own good. Actually Sarawat would not mind if he would stay as his little ghost secret forever.

"Can you please swipe to another picture for me?" Tine begged. The cell phone did not recognize his ghostly energy as human touch, making it impossible for him to operate the device on his own.

Sarawat turned around halfway, a tanned arm around the back of the chair as he stared stoically at the ghost over his shoulder. Tine wasted no time in blinking back at Sarawat with this pitiful puppy dog eyed look, eyes almost trembling with virtue. He pointed a pale finger at the cell phone and exaggerated the pout on his squishy lips. His innocence was such a trap, Tine had to be a mischievous devil in disguise.

"Seriously Tine, you're going to wear her face out," Sarawat muttered but rose from his seat anyway and sauntered over to swipe over the screen of his phone. Tine beamed squarely at Sarawat, the corners of his eyes crinkling.

"Thank you, you're the best," he said cheerily and Sarawat felt his heart flutter at the secondary compliment. Tine instantly glanced back down at the screen, continuing with his fascinated ogling of the female, his alight eyes tracing over her warm features.

Sarawat frowned at the speed with which he had been dismissed. What the heck, he certainly felt used by this stupid ghost. Why the hell was he not haunting Pear instead if she was his crush?

"I want to meet her," Tine suddenly mumbled distractedly, kicking his legs slowly in the air like a silly schoolgirl. Sarawat's lips curled precariously on one side, his Cupid's bow stretching wide while a strange feeling made his lower belly flutter with worry, fingers growing cold. Oh, did he now?

There were however two big obstacles. One being that they still did not know how the heck Tine had been able to leave Sarawat's room. After materializing at the riverbank Tine had thought it was a go ahead from the heavens for him to move around freely but that was certainly not the case. He was still bound to the four walls of Sarawat's dorm room. Sarawat frowned. There had to be some kind of detail that they had overlooked. This only left them with the option of taking Pear to Sarawat's room to get her to meet Tine. Which would not be weird at all. Right. And if they did manage so far then it lead them to the second obstacle, namely that there was no guarantee that she would be able to see or communicate with Tine. Maybe it was enough if Tine got to see her? Or did he need to make an actual confession? And then what, would he just go up in smoke?