CH 17 ⏳

THE WAY YOU SMILED (II).

Tine blinked mystified, round eyes glued to the tiny, round stage of the pub where the tall guitarist leaned in closer to the microphone stand and started singing to the very familiar, begging notes of Tine's favorite song. His voice was soft and mellow as the lyrics rolled effortlessly off of his curved lips and straight into Tine's heart, a tiny smile curling lopsidedly in the corner of his lush, pouting mouth. That little curl and the smug uptick of the guitarist's chin as he gazed from under his feathery lashes over the crowded pub made Tine's toes curls inside his sneakers. How could someone look so alluring?

"It doesn't matter who you like~ just look at me~," the guy sang in a lilting voice as his top lip grazed the microphone, slightly dragging over it and suddenly Tine had never in his life wished for anything so badly as to be that microphone, to have those lips drag over his own skin.

Sheeet. What the hell was he thinking? How drunk was he? The air felt suddenly too stuffy and not really enough inside the venue and Tine had to tug at the collar of his sweatshirt to let some steam out while he tried to regulate his rapid breaths.

Frankly, if asked straight out, Tine would probably never admit but he had been mulling over the idea of him maybe being attracted to guys. Of course girls were still high on his priority list, they were lovable with their curvy bodies and sweet perfume, while the guys were somewhere way, way down below. And it just so happened, that he had never stumbled upon that one guy who would actually make Tine want to act on these dormant urges. But as it currently was, Tine could barely contain himself. The handsome guitarist on stage threw Tine's organized to do list in total shambles, going straight to the top number one spot.

Tine giggled into his hand, feeling his own heated cheek against his palm as he was sitting like a lovesick fool with his head in hands, elbows propped up on the bar table. Seriously, what was he even thinking?

He was just about to shake his head to get rid of these unnecessary, silly thoughts and make them scurry off into the dark corner from which they had crawled out of. However, the soft, dark orbs that suddenly focused on him had the fair skinned man pinned down to the spot, efficiently cutting off his escape route and his oxygen.

"I will do everything~ I will try every way to make you feel warm in your heart with me~" The guitarist kept singing as their eyes locked for a teeny, tiny second. A steady gaze met a wide, stunned one over the span of space. It had probably been a fleeting, unconscious act on the other guy's part but somehow it had been just enough. Tine's heart started pounding heavily inside his chest at the possibility of being noticed, making his whole being pulsate with something overwhelming. Something he had no control over. Something that made all Tine's previous worries and troubles meaningless and bleak, suddenly revealing a brave new world to him.

In that moment everything seemed to dim around Tine while the tanned, young man on the stage was cast in a shimmery, golden glow form the spotlights overhead. It was bathing his body in ethereal light and glimmering off of the thin guitar strings as his nimble fingers strung the chords. The sounds of Tine's friends and the white noise from the other rowdy students completely fell away as his soothing voice engulfed Tine, filling his mind and blanketing his soul.

It was just Tine, this guy and their song.

The moment felt so special and breathtaking that Tine wanted to capture this gentle emotion for all eternity and carry it in his heart wherever he went. He scrambled for his cell phone, clumsy hands rifling through the big pockets of his jacket.

Just as Tine had raised his phone to snap a picture he felt something cold gush against his thigh, shocking Tine's system and making him jolt in surprise, mercilessly breaking the spell. Sounds and foreign voices instantly crowded Tine's head as he was brought back to the dull reality.