CH 3 🎶

THE LANGUAGE OF MUSIC.

Sarawat pulled out the tiny scrunchies out of his hair, dropping them on the desk frustratingly. Where did they even come from? He ruffled his hair to loosen it up from the tiny tufts of pigtails that his fringe had been mercilessly separated into.

"Are you into some kind of kinky hairplay?" Boss mocked as he dropped down onto Sarawat's messy bed while Man sat down on the desk chair, slowly swiveling around from side to side and then giving himself a little spin.

"Ah, you're annoying," Sarawat muttered as he pulled a t-shirt over his head, struggling to shove his head trough the tight neck opening and then promptly put on a pair of stonewashed jeans. "Why're you guys here?"

Both of his friends gave him incredulous looks.

"Weren't you going to busk in the city today?" Man asked. "We planned to join since we've got nothing else to do," he continued a little innocently.

"Yeah, we planned to check out the girls and er- the guys too," Boss added with a glance at Man while wiggling his brows. "Everyone's got a thing for a musician."

Sarawat scoffed, looking at his friends through his fringe, eyes round. What musician? Boss could probably at most master a triangle and Man was only brave enough to sing at karaoke, when he was drunk. Sarawat shook his head, his fluffy hair flying. So he would be doing all the work while these guys reaped all the benefits? Fucking rude.

"But not this early, what time is it? Eight?" Sarawat stifled a yawn and flopped back down on the bed next to Boss, arms crossed behind his head and languidly stretched out his tall, built body across the mattress.

A couple of scrunchies dropped from the study desk, as if being swept down by an unseen force, seemingly jumping down from the edge on their own violation. Huh. None of the other guys seemed to notice it. Sarawat's eyes darted to the floor and then darted up to the balcony but the curtain in front of the sliding door was still, no breeze disturbing the tranquility of the room. Okay, so it seemed that his ghost had something to say. Interesting.

Frankly, Sarawat did not know what to think about this situation anymore. The ghost had proven to be quite vocal and obviously wanted him out of the room by playing all sorts of pranks on Sarawat, just like an angry kitten. But if the ghost could put his hair in pigtails then it should be able to do other, say more malicious things as well. There was a pair of scissors in his bathroom, but they had stayed put in their place in the cabinet behind the mirror. As soon as things started moving around, Sarawat had instantly recounted all of the sharp objects that he owned, keeping tabs on them, but none of these had moved even the slightest. So as much as the ghost was wrecking havoc it was probably not intent on hurting Sarawat. Well, hopefully. The incident with the moving box still lingered on his mind.

"It's ten, actually," Man supplied helpfully, glancing at his watch and Sarawat groaned as he was brought back from his thoughts. Was it this late already? Then they should put a move on.

It felt like Sarawat had not slept at all. His dreams had been full of strange things lurking in the shadows, anxious voices calling out to him and pale hands reaching for him, trying to tear him to pieces. Sarawat felt stiff, as if his body had been tense through the whole night, fighting against an unseen force.

"Well then," Sarawat said with a 'what are you waiting for' ring to it. "Grab the portable speaker over there," he bossed while pointing at a moving box, putting these leeches to work. "And the mike stand is in the other box just next to it." Sarawat elbowed Boss in the ribs to get him moving.

His friends sighed insufferably. Nothing was for free in this world.

-----

"Hey, dude," Boss said while patting Sarawat on his upper arm and jutting his chin in the direction that he was looking. "Isn't that your girlfriend?"