LOVE IN PANG-AN

Mature content ahead! Read at your own risk!

Type's father paced back and forth in front of his door. He was wringing his hands as Type and Tharn approached.

Type was laughing inside, but outside his face was in its customary frown. "Dad, what are you doing out here?"

Type's dad glanced desperately at Tharn as if to get a hint on how Type was feeling. The only one with a bigger wrath than his was his son. 

Type stepped in front of Tharn to block his dad. "What are you looking at him for, you traitor?"

His dad's face fell as he finally broke down. "Type, dad is sorry. It's that farang, he convinced me..." his dad trailed off with a distressed look. He never wanted to hurt his son. His son was the most precious thing to him. Above everything and everyone. 

Type turned to face Tharn with a sigh. "Let me talk to my dad for a bit." 

As Tharn walked away Type's dad gave him a panicked looks as if to say "save me!". Tharn shrugged and mouthed "sorry". His eyes sparked as if to say "better you than me!". 

Type laughed inwardly as his dad glared at Tharn's retreating figure. "Dad, let's sit here."

His dad sat gingerly next to him and then started when Type covered his hands with his. It wasn't until he'd seen his dad pacing back and forth, his weathered face showing absolute heartbreak, that Type had realized how lucky he was. He had the best family in the world. 

Every time he'd come home and his father had woken up early to meet him suddenly flashed before his eyes. He'd finally realized his pain was his father's pain and it hurt even more. 

"Thank you," he finally said. 

His father looked at him in surprise. "What?"

"Pa, thank you", Type went to wai down to the floor, but his father stopped him. 

"What are you doing, brat? I'm the one who needs to apologize." His father looked at him solemnly. "Type, I should've made you talk about it before with someone. I'm a terrible father. I..." His dad's eyes watered and Type became even more upset. 

"Don't say that, Pa!" Type said fiercely. His eyes glittered passionately. "You're the best father anyone could ever have. " Type looked away sadly. "Back then I wouldn't have talked about it anyway. I was so angry and defensive. If it wasn't for Tharn..."

Type's dad looked back at him silently and then sighed as if he'd given up. "You really love him, huh?" 

Type smirked. "You just got that now?"

His dad gave him a mischievous look. "Hope springs eternal..." 

"Pa!" Type scolded. 

His dad put his arms up in surrender. "Okay, okay. Let's go inside." 

Inside, Tharn got up and went towards Type as soon as he came inside. His hand reached out and squeezed Type's supportively. "Everything okay?"

"Hey, hey, farang! You should be checking me, okay?!" Type's dad yelled. 

Tharn smiled warmly. "After me, you're Type's favorite so I'm sure you're fine." 

"Hrmmph," Type's father rolled his eyes and went in search of his wife. 

As soon as his father was out of sight, Type yanked Tharn by his collar. "Are you ready for my revenge?"