A FAMILIAR FACE

18+ Only! Read at your own risk!

One would think that at 65 Type wouldn't have much of a life, but it was the opposite. Even though he retired, he still volunteered at the local community hospital as a consultant. He also got regular visitors, and one of them was once again at his door.

"Ai Type, what took you so long to answer the door?" the familiar face said with a smile from ear to ear. Behind him was a man with a dark cloud on his face even after over 30 years of friendship. Asshole, manipulative, tricky, loves-Techno-to-death Kla swept inside like he owned the place. 

Type chuckled and shook his head at both of them. "I'm not as quick as I used to be."

Techno patted his shoulder with a wrinkly hand and his eyes sparkled mischievously as he gave him a pitying look. "You were never that quick. That's why I was the captain of the soccer team." 

Type gave him a swift kick on the ass belying his earlier statement. "I'm still faster than you, you bastard. Why'd you bring your black faced husband here?"

Techno looked back at Type warmly. Even though his face had a big smile on it, his eyes still showed pity for Type. Ai Type, are you even sleeping? Look at those swollen eyes. 

"Hmmm," Type murmured with a shake of his head. He didn't want to talk about it. Especially not in front of Kla. Seeing his best friend still so happy with that bastard made him happy and sad at the same time. Happy for his friend, but sad for himself who no longer had his other half by his side. 

"Kla, go make us some breakfast. You haven't eaten yet, right Type?" Techno signaled with his eyes that Type should say "no" so Kla would leave them alone.

Type waved Kla to the kitchen. "You know where everything is."

As soon as Kla was out of earshot, Techno pulled him to the table to sit down and talk. 

"Look at those swollen eyes. Have you been sleeping?" Techno blurted out in his usual fashion. Maybe that's why their friendship had lasted so long. His best friend was the only one who didn't circle around the elephant in the room. Instead, he always bumped right into it in his usual clumsy fashion.

"Yesterday was one of the bad days is all," Type said with a shrug. His right hand scratched at his left hand nervously. 

"Did Kanya come over?" Techno asked while leaning forward. His wide brown eyes were still very expressive and never left anyone guessing his emotions. He was clearly concerned and that's the last thing Type wanted. A concerned Techno would suffocate him. 

"How did you know?" Type asked with a frown. He didn't remember telling him. 

Techno leaned back nodding his head as if he finally figured it out. "She looks just like him. She reminds you of him." 

Type looked down at his hands and sighed. "She asked me about him. Asked me for relationship advice." Type let out a bitter laugh. "I could only tell her about the last big fight we had. Then I thought of the hard time Tharn must have had with me. All we did was fight."

Techno reached across the table and patted his hands with a sympathetic expression. "He loved you more than anyone and anything. Even the chance to fight with you was a blessing to him. Don't torture yourself thinking about that."

Type motioned to the kitchen where Kla was still cooking. "Why'd you bring him?" he asked with a frown. 

"You guys still don't get along?" Techno asked with wide eyes. 

"He's too jealous and flirtatious and tricky and you're still too gullible." Type said honestly. What was the use of friends who only told you what you want to hear?