27: W H O I S H E ?

The next day, you, Taehyung and Jungkook finally did the signing of contract, which was the sole purpose as to why you were there.

The whole day went by smoothly until the evening.

You were all sitting on the dining table having dinner when your phone rang.

It was Hobi, and so you excused yourself to take the call.

"Hey, what happened? Is there anything wrong?"

"Al, Drew got a high fever, I'm currently at the hospital right now-."

"Oh God-," You felt like your whole body shut down.

"I wouldn't have called but she kept looking for you-."

"I'll be right there."

---

You're not the type that would just leave the dining table while eating, unless that call must have been very important.

Jungkook followed you with his gaze as you went out to take the call, and few minutes later you're finally back looking like the whole world crushed you.

You walked towards Jungkook, your eyes met and he immediately sensed something was wrong.

You approached him and leaned nearer.

"What's the matter?" Jungkook asked in a low voice as soon as you were close to him. His eyes were full of concern.

"I need to get back to the city. The contract has been signed anyway," You whispered.

"Yeah sure, first thing tomorrow-."

"No, I need to go now," You interupted him.

"But it's already late, can't you wait until-."

"I can't I'm sorry."

Jungkook stood up and pulled you towards the kitchen.

Everyone was watching the both of you as you both vanished on thin air.

Jimin chuckled, "they looked like a married couple."

And Taehyung choked as he drank his water.

"Are you okay?"

"Mmh," Taehyung mumbled.

----

"Why are you always like that?" Jungkook asked, his voice was autoritative but concerned. "You're always in a hurry."

"It's an emergency, I really need to go, please."

"I'm not stopping from going. I just, it's late, I'm coming with you Al."

"You don't have to."

"I want to."

"I'm not your responsibility anymore Jungkook."

"Stop being such a crybaby," He grabbed your arm, "let's go."

"What the-."

---

"Where to?" Jungkook asked as he started the car.

You told him the hospital and as soon as you said the word hospital, Jungkook's expression changed.

He turned his head to look at you.

"Who?"

"Just drive Jungkook."

---

It was a silent car ride, and Jungkook wouldn't dare to speak since he could sense how anxious you were.

Jungkook noticed how you clasped your hands together so tight, he almost wanted to hold your hand but of course he didn't.

When you got to the hospital, you quickly ran to the information and Jungkook followed.

He heard you asked the nurse, and all he caught was the name Drew, everything you after that was a blurr.

He scoffed.

Of course you have a boyfriend named Drew.

Jungkook was curious, he wanted to see the guy but that time wasn't right time, that at least he knows.

You ran towards the ward where the nurse directed you.

"I better get going," Jungkook said as you looked back at him, he was standing a few feet away from you not motioning that he would follow.

You walked towards him.

"Thank you for getting me here safe," You said with all sincerity and left.

You looked vulnerable, Jungkook thought, that this Drew must be very important for you.

---

Jungkook sat on the driver's seat for a few minutes, looking into nothing.

The parking lot of the hospital was silent and empty. He thought he could almost hear his heart beating fast against his chest.

He gripped the stirring wheel and looked at the empty passenger seat.

Or so he thought it was empty.

A black pouch was laying on his passenger seat.

And then few milliseconds after, he realized.

You left your pouch.

---

You barged into the private room and as soon as you saw her, you ran towards the bed and hugged Drew before your legs gave out.

"Mama?" Drew asked with her little cute voice, she giggled, "it's ticklish," Your daughter said since you practically buried you face on her tiny neck.

"I'm so sorry, she was crying earlier, but the doctor said she'll be fine, it was just a normal fever children experience during her age," Hoseok explained clearly feeling guilty.

He might have exaggerated on the phone.

You were crying silently and just wouldn't let go of Drew.

"It's okay," You sniffled and finally take a closer look at Drew, "how are you feeling baby?"

She smiled at you and your heart melted. You're so blessed to have her as your daughter, and if you have to go through all the hardships you've faced just to have her again, you would.

"My baby is so strong," You smiled back.

"Hoseok-hyung?" A familiar voice said.

You didn't realize that the door of the room opened moments ago.

Your turned your head to the direction of the voice and surely it was who you were expecting.

Jungkook was standing in the middle of the room looking straight at you, your black purse on his right hand, and his expression was something you couldn't explain at all.

It was silent for what seemed like forever, all three of you were shocked and didn't know what to say to the other.

Until Drew broke the silence and asked, "Mama, who is he?"