19: P E A N U T B U T T E R & J E L L Y

“In my office. Now,” Jungkook commanded on the phone and he could already imagine Nate’s scared face inside his head.

A few moments later, a knock could be heard on the door and he let his secretary in without any second thoughts.

Nate pushed the door open and went inside, and before he could even close the door, Jungkook was already talking.

“Why is she here? I mean, who was that—That girl outside earlier?” Jungkook asked Nate trying to make himself sound calm.

“That’s the new assistance secretary Boss, remember how the previous one quit because of the work load, this one seemed like a fighter and she’s very well verse, she’s perfect for the j—.”

Jungkook sighed aloud stopping Nate from his dialogue.

“Uhm, Boss, are you mad?”

Jungkook pinched the bridge of his nose and looked straight into Nate’s eyes, “Are you sure she’s perfect for the job?”

“Yes Boss,” Nate answered with confidence.

He was glad that Jungkook nodded after a few seconds, “Okay, if that’s what you think. Just keep an eye on her.”

“Thanks Boss,” the secretary smiled.

“Yeah.”

“Boss?”

“Mmh?”

“Remember our meeting last week?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Jungkook answered but in reality he couldn’t remember a single thing about that meeting.

He’s mind was clouded with other memories a few years back.

“Mmmh, I’ll be out of the country for that convention you told me. Sooo, you know, the new secretary will be the one to assist you for the upcoming meeting with our major client, the Kims.”

A deafening silence enveloped the room. Nate was even afraid to take a single breath, Nate didn’t move for a few seconds, waiting for his boss’ reaction.

“Do you really have to go?” Jungkook suddenly asked like a little kid who doesn’t want his mom to go and leave him.

Nate almost laughed but he know better not to, he don’t want to lose his job.

Jungkook can be ruthless sometimes.

“Yes boss, I’m also meeting some people there that would help us with our next project remember?”

Jungkook sighed again and nodded, “It can’t be helped then. Just tell Allie everything she needs to know before you leave by the end of the week.”

Nate was rather out of focused as he heard Jungkook said Allie’s name casually, he don’t remember mentioning Allie’s name earlier.

“How did you—.”

“You may leave now,” Jungkook cut him off and focused on his computer.

“Okay Boss,” Nate pushed off the thought and left Jungkook’s office.

“Stupid,” Jungkook let out a curse as soon as the door closed behind Nate, his heart was beating so fast.

Allie’s name rolled on his lips so naturally he forgot Nate didn’t mention her name earlier.

His brain wasn’t functioning well, he didn’t know what to do.

Should he fire Allie, or keep her as his secretary?

The company needs a huge and competitive work force this time of the year especially with the Kims getting involved with them, Jungkook knew how tough it’s gonna be in order to close a deal with them.