20: P R O P O S A L ?

"Not funny hyung," Jungkook as he shook his head.

"It's kinda funny. Right?" Taehyung turned to your direction and you just smiled awkwardly.

The meeting went smoothly as expected, the two men talked about the collaboration in a serious manner, very different from the goofy side they showed earlier.

After more than an hour, the first meeting concluded and the two went back to their carefree selves, though you could sense Jungkook was more serious than Taehyung you were somehow relieved that he's smiling.

You excused yourself to the ladies' room and the two continued to reminisce about their childhood together, you were kind sad that you didn't have the chance to meet Taehyung and befriend him when you and Jungkook were still married, though you remembered Jungkook mentioning a very close childhood friend he wanted you to meet.

Guess a year of marriage really isn't enough.

After fixing yourself up, you exit the ladies' and the moment you closed the door behind you, you immediately noticed a tall figure along the hallway, upon looking closely, you realized it was Taehyung, as if he was waiting for someone.

You walked and planned to pass by him but he greeted you at the very moment you were in front of him.

"Hey," Taehyung said and your feet automatically halted.

You turned your head to look at him and smiled, "Mr. Kim."

"I thought I already told you to call me Taehyung," he smiled back.

"Right," you nodded once.

"Mmmh..."

"Shall we go back?" you finally said and was about to walk when he spoke.

"I'm not stupid you know."

Your head turned to look at Taehyung waiting for what he's about say.

"You're his ex-wife," he stated, as if he was so sure.

"What are you saying—."

"I've known Jungkook my entire life, even if I stayed overseas for a long time I still know my friend. He was very excited about this marriage last year, and suddenly when I got back, he was single? It just doesn't add up at all."

"Mr. Taehyung..."

"The way he looked at you, and when I complimented your appearance, he was jealous, I'm telling you."

"Stop assuming things," you replied, a hint of annoyance on your voice echoed.

"I don't know what kind of stupid thing you both went through, but he's my best friend and it's apparent to me that you both have some unsolved issues."

"I—."

Taehyung leaned forward to your ear, and you froze from where you were standing. His breath tickled on your skin as he spoke.

"I have a proposal to make Ms. Allie," Taehyung said in his deep voice.

"What's taking them so long?" Jungkook mumbled under his breath.

The moment he turned his head towards the right direction he saw the both of you coming towards him, your sweet smile almost melted his icy barriers until he saw Taehyung's hand on the small of your back.

He swallowed hard before standing up looking straight into your soul, you felt like Taehyung's hands were burning to the touch and you had to whisper to the guy to put his hand down but he even tighten his hold on you.

You felt your face got hotter, you must looked like a tomato right at that moment, every step closer to Jungkook gotten heavier.

"Hey," Taehyung started when you're finally both near your table, "where are you going?" he asked Jungkook.

"We'll be going back to the office, I still need to work on a lot of things," Jungkook said.

"Oh, okay," Taehyung replied, "see you soon, both of you."

"Yeah, see you."

You bowed and followed Jungkook to the parking lot and inside the car.

You waited for the car to start but it was taking too long, he still hasn't started the engine.

You turned your head to look at Jungkook only to find him looking at you, you felt goosebumps all over your body, his eyes sparkled but they were cold.

How you miss the way he looked at you with full love and warmth.

"Is something wrong?" you asked, genuine care reflected on your voice.

Jungkook sighed, eyes still holding yours as he bit his lower lip and leaned closer to you as your heart raced faster; you held your breath as you pushed yourself against the car seat like your life depend on it.

A/N:

I hope you guys still enjoy this story.
I feel bad that I'm not as active as before.
Sorry for always uploading so late 😔😢😭

I have GIF blessings from the ON:E Concert but they are too big and wattpad won't let me upload them 😭😭😭😭😭