28: T R U S T A G A I N

"Mama who is he?"

Your head immediately turned back to face your daughter, her eyes where as curious as Jungkook's at that very moment, Hoseok was mumbling incoherent phrases beside you.

"Mama?" Jungkook repeated, his brows narrowing.

You didn't know what to say, you were not ready to introduce Drew to Jungkook, it was way too early.

But then you thought, you might never be ready for that moment.

"Jungkook she's-."

"You have a daughter? Who's the-?"

"Mama why is he mad?"

"Sssh, baby he's not mad," You explained to Drew and quickly turned to Hoseok, "Hobi, please look after Drew, I need to talk to him."

"Drew?" Jungkook mumbled as you approached him.

"Let's talk outside please," Your voice was firm, but your heart was beating hundreds per minute, it felt like you've ran a marathon.

The rooftop during night time was cold and silent. The stars and the moon above lit the night sky, the breeze zipped through your clothes as if you stood there bare.

Jungkook didn't waste anymore time and asked right away.

"Who's the father Allie?"

There was silence for a few second before you spoke.

"You."

Jungkook's mouth fell open, he wanted to say something or anything but it seemed like cat got his tongue.

"You're the father Jungkook."

"Allie."

"I was pregnant when you left me in that hospital."

"God!" Jungkook covered his face with his hands, his legs gave out and he knelt on the ground, tears just voluntarily fell down from his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm-."

You looked at his utterly broken state, it was the very first time you saw him like that. He was torn and it made you realized that telling him the truth was for the best.

He has the right to know.

You wished you told him sooner.

"I don't know the reason why you left me, but I'm thankful for you Jungkook, because you brought Drew into my life," you said as you lowered yourself down.

You reached for Jungkook's hands, pulling them so you could look at his eyes.

"I'm a terrible person," he said, more to himself than to you, "I deserve to die."

"Yes but-."

"What?"

You looked at him, your eyes were watering but you smiled, "Drew needs a father, you can't die yet."

Jungkook just looked at you, a million thoughts were running inside his head, a million actions he wanted to do to make you see and feel how happy and releaved he feels at that moment.

"I don't deserve the both of you," Jungkook choked his words looking down.

People would say, you're stupid, after everything he's done, after everything you've been through, just like that, you were ready to forgive him?

Forgive and forget.

Maybe it is stupid.

But when you love someone that much, even their greatest flaws infront of you became a mere thing because your love for that person is much greater than their mistakes.

Love makes you stupid.

But it's the greatest kind of love.

"I've miss you," you mumbled silently the pain inside you was still there, surfacing again like everything happened yesterday.

You realized, you juat puahed your feelings for him on the side, but it was there, and now it's trying to finally get out of that cage it was in, and you wouldn't dare to stop it.

You wanted to be loved again.

By him.

Jungkook looked at you his hands on either of your shoulders as he guided you both to stand up, and quickly he pulled you into his arms and you sighed.

You missed those arms around you, it felt like home, it felt like that's where you belong.

When he let go of you, Jungkook looked at your eyes intently before he traced your lips with his thumb and finally, he kissed you.

You didn't fight back the feelings any longer, fighting the inevitable was pointless and would only cause you the important time and moment with him and you couldn't bare that anymore.

He kissed you softly, light tingles ran down your skin, like very tiny electricity that awoke deep inside you and loved the felling of it.

His hand, as if knowing the inside of your body traced the skin from your face to your neck, arms and finally found your hand, where Jungkook intertwined your fingers together.

When he let go of the kiss he stared at you as he brought your hand to his lips and kiss the back of if.

"I will never let go of this hand ever again. No matter the fuck is out there, I will never. Allie, do you hear me?" Jungkook said with so much determination, his eyes sparkled like the galaxy.

You just nodded, "I'm giving you my trust again," and you smiled.

"I need that trust," Jungkook mumbled as if to himself, "because we need to get the hell out of here Allie."

Your heart pounded in a different way, the urgency on his voice terrified you, your brows knitted together, you were confused, "what do you mean?"

"I'll explain everything, but please trust me, " Jungkook pleaded. "Drew in the picture, it changes everything."

You breathed heavily, "when?"

"The soonest," replied.

A/N:

Life always gets on the way, I'm sorry for the slow updates 🥺

🦋

Loving you hurts, But at least I get to love

Loving you hurts,
But at least I get to love.
-jo