18: S C E N E

The doctor made you stay in the hospital for over a month, doing all the necessary checkups for you and the little bean inside you.

You tried calling Jungkook every single day, but every time your call would always go straight to voicemail. You told him how much you miss him, that you need him to make you understand what’s really happening, and that you have a very important thing to tell him.

Each time he don’t answer the phone, you felt like dying, but you get through it whenever you place your hand on your stomach. Thinking that a new life was forming inside of you gave you unexplained strength.

You wanted to protect that baby, give it all the love it deserves especially after all that happened.

Somehow, you knew that if you have that baby by your side, you‘d be okay.

You were seating on the chair by the dining table looking around the place you once called home. Staying in that house, you thought as time went by you would get used to it, being alone and isolated—but you were wrong.

Even Hoseok tried his best to stay beside you, but at night when you lay on that cold bed, you felt suffocated.

The luggage bag to your right stood there as if mocking you, you balled your fist and took in a deep breath before standing up.

It was a bit harder to move around especially with your now huge stomach, you sighed in relief as you heard the doorbell rang signaling that Hoseok was finally there to take you to your new home.

Far away from that place, where everywhere you look reminded you of him.

.

.

.

“I don’t have time to check on those applicants. I trust your judgment Nate, you just choose for me, okay?” Jungkook told his secretary, “and have those newly hired start immediately.”

.

.

.

You hugged your daughter before you let her enter the gates of the preschool. She smiled beautifully as she waved at you.

Your beautiful daughter was already turning four in just a few months; you couldn’t help but to push up the tear on your right eye as you realized…

Time flies excessively fast.

For the past years, you have to admit it was not easy, especially with raising Drew all on your own, but it was the most rewarding thing you have ever experienced. Now seeing your daughter enter a new stage of her life, it made your heart swell with happiness, and at the same time anxiousness too.

You smiled and watched her disappear into the hallway of kids, the teacher gave you a reassuring smile and you finally let out a breath you have been holding onto since earlier.

Now it’s your turn to enter that new stage of your life.

Landing an assistant secretary position was not an easy target, but with everything you’ve got you pushed through it and you managed to actually got the job at this local company you’ve been eyeing since you first moved there. All thanks to your previous job and all the positive reviews you got, this new position was something you desperately need especially with Drew growing up so fast before your very eyes.

You sat on your new chair, admired how pretty you made the new corner you have, until a lady appeared in front of your face, you almost fell on your chair, her bright red lips made you think she just ate raw meat and it made your stomach churned.