12: F A T H E R

They say time heals all wounds,

But what if that wound runs way too deep to be healed?

Will our love could heal it instead?

“You alright?” Jungkook asked whispering to your ear the moment you both entered the exquisite restaurant his father chose to meet.

You just nodded looking around while Jungkook informed the waitress of your reservation.

“He’s not here yet, you can calm down,” Jungkook chuckled squeezing your hand.

The waitress guided you both to your table, luckily Jungkook sat right beside you.

Carefully, Jungkook reached for your right hand and placed it on his thigh, he turned your hand around so he could entangled your fingers together and he started to rub his thumb on your skin to make you calm.

You looked at him and he already had that angelic smile that you always melt for, you couldn’t help but to smile back mouthing thank you.

Jungkook’s eyes wander around for a brief moment until he squeezed your hand and stood up, you got on your feet and followed where his eyes were fixed and saw an older man wearing black colored suite, and slacks emphasizing the dark blue tie outlining his white polo shirt.

His features were as striking and defined as Jungkook even with his more mature age.

The hair at the back of your neck rose up.

Suddenly you felt like your very soul left your own body.

The man continued to walk towards your direction, and you couldn’t believe when he stopped right in front of you and Jungkook with a welcoming smile on his face.

“Al, meet my father, dad this is the girl I want to marry, Allie,” Jungkook said beside you—which sounded all like a blur, you were hearing him but couldn’t totally understand what he was saying. “Al are you okay? You look pale,” Jungkook asked cupping your face gently.

You bat your lashes and realized how close Jungkook was to your face and that was enough to get you back to reality, but cold sweat was still running down at the back of your neck.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” you turned to Jungkook’s dad and bowed, “nice to meet you Mr. Jeon,” you extended your hand for a shake.

Mr. Jeon quickly reached for your hand, he shook it with that welcoming smile again, “The pleasure is mine.”

The dinner went for almost two hours, mostly the topic was about you and Jungkook, his father kept a long list of questions about your relationship and mostly they were answered by Jungkook. As for the wedding specifics, it was decided to just hire a planner for everything.

By the end of the dinner, you felt drained and you wanted to lay down on your bed and rest, but you knew that you won’t be able to sleep that night.

Millions of thoughts would surely run around your head.

“See, that wasn’t so bad right?” Jungkook squeezed your thigh lightly as he drove you home after the meeting with his father.

You almost jumped at the contact of his hand on your thigh and he chuckled lightly at you, “easy there babe,” Jungkook said caressing you.

“Sorry,” you mumbled poking on Jungkook’s knuckles, he turned his hand around and you automatically intertwined your fingers together.

He brought your intertwined hands to his lips and kiss the back of your hand as he focused on the road, a simple gesture that made your heart ache and swell with your love for him.

His father didn’t show you that he likes you; he didn’t show he dislikes you either. It seemed he’s more concerned about business rather than the wedding of his only son but that was not the thing that was bugging you.

“Do you want me to tuck you in?” Jungkook asked holding your hand as if he didn’t want you to get inside your house.

“No it’s okay,” you said as you tipped your toes and wrapped your arms around his neck hugging him, you just feel the need to, “I love you,” you mumbled on his neck.

You could feel his arms immediately wrapping around your frame with his strong grip and somehow you tensed muscles eased.

“I love you more,” he answered turning his head slightly so he could kiss you on the side of your head.

As you laid on your bed, staring at the ceiling tying your best to empty your thoughts, the image of your father flashed before you, and then the man who killed him took over.

Without knowing it you were sobbing, covering your face with your hands as if by doing so would stop the tears, your heart rate spiked up, your breathing got ragged, you wish Jungkook was there beside you to hugged you and tell you everything would be alright.

But somehow, you knew it wouldn’t…

“Why?!” you whimpered as you hugged yourself to sleep.

💜

A/N: Boring chapter, sorry