Chapter 60

"What?" I sighed as I came down the stairs. 

"Surprise!!" a cacophony of voices cheered. 

"Huh?" I said, looking around. Josh, Tyler, Patrick, Pete, Andy, Joe, Zack, Kala, PopPop and Granny, Mom and Dad, obviously, Sheri, who I thought had left, another couple of people I didn't recognize, Astrid, Joshua, Kevin and Paige, and her mom were all in the living room. 

"What is going on?"

"Come here, sweetheart," Mom said, sitting down and holding her arms open.

I went over to her and she gave me a big hug. 

"We have some wonderful news for you," she said, tears in her eyes. 

"So wonderful you're crying?" I asked. 

"Yes," she laughed. 

Dad came over and handed me an envelope and put his arm around my shoulders.  I held the envelope in my right hand, and tried to open it with my left. 

"Uh, little help?" I asked. Everyone laughed and Dad tore off the top of the envelope. I pulled the papers that were in it inside and read them. 

"Wait, what?" I asked incredulously, looking up at Dad and at Mom. They were both grinning and nodding. 

"Yep. It's official," Mom said. 

"You are now stuck with us as parents forever," Dad said. 

"What is that?" Paige asked. 

I started crying. 

"It's, it's my name change papers," I sniffled. "I'm officially a Urie." 

Paige came over 'squeeing' and gave me a hug. Everyone was clapping and saying 'congratulations'.

"Congratulations!" she said. 

I looked at Mom and Dad. 

"Thank you!" I hugged them both so tight. 

"We couldn't be happier," Mom said. 

"And now, the champagne. And sparkling grape juice for the youngun's," Dad said. 

I sat down on the coffee table, because it was closest, and stared at the paper. Jessica Urie. I couldn't stop crying, but because I was so happy. 

"Welcome, officially, as a Urie, to the family, angel," PopPop said, pulling me up and wrapping me in his huge hug. 

"We're so happy, Jess," Granny said, with tears in her eyes. "You were officially a member of this family when they adopted you - despite our hiccup. But now that you have our last name, well, honey, we're just so happy to have you in our family.

She wrapped me in a tight hug. 

People kept coming up to me and giving me hugs or pats on the back. Pete came over and sat me down. 

"How're you doing kid?" he asked, looking into my eyes. 

"I'm really, really happy," I said. "Uncle Pete, I have parents. And I have their last name. I have a family."

"You have a much bigger family than you realize. Besides B's family, you have all of us. B's band, me and Patrick and the guys. Josh, Tyler, Linda and Spencer."

"Who?"

"Linda and Spencer. Spence is one of Dad's oldest friends.  He'll introduce you guys. That's the couple over by the back door."

"Oh, okay," I said. 

"Look, Jess, I'm not just saying this. If you ever need anything, call me. Or Patrick. Or Josh. Or Tyler, except he lives 2000 miles away, so I wouldn't call him in an emergency. He'll take too long to get here," he laughed.