Chapter 1

High above, the sky was partially shut out by large canopy leaves. The place was almost semi-darkened with thick vegetation which grew in every direction. The sunlight could hardly touch the ground. Sounds of birds, animals and some anonymous creatures echoed all over, making that place feel strange, most likely mysterious.

All of the sudden, the whole place became dark. The light was no longer seen and the clouds moved away making the full moon visible. Far away the howling of the wolves could be heard. An indistinct growling came from deep inside the woods. It slowly increased as if a wild beast was approaching. Suddenly, a pair of red eyes appeared from the woods.

Instantly, Ruth woke up from her bed sweating and panting heavily. Her shaking hands grabbed the water bottle from the night stand and gulped it down in one go. She looked at the timepiece and found that she was twenty minutes earlier than usual. She left a sigh and slowly marched into the washroom.

_____

"Hey Ruth, you came early?" asked Nora

"Yep" replied Ruth who was busy working on her computer.

"Your morning coffee, Mademoiselle" said Calvin.

"Thanks" she accepted the coffee with a smile.

Ruth and Nora were best friends since high school. They used to live with their parents in Streatham. They met Calvin in London University. Since then the trios became best buddies. They enjoyed their university life as everyone does and they also studied together to get into the same company for job. And yes, they achieved it and had been working in an architect company for three years.

After getting job, the trios moved to Camberwell. Ruth started staying alone in an apartment while Nora and Calvin bought a house in Camberwell and started living together as they were a couple. They started dating during their final year in the university.

Ring! Ring!

"Yeah, mom"

"Hey Ruth...Did you reach in your office?" asked Charlotte

"Yes mom...and I am sipping my morning coffee"

Charlotte chuckled.

"What about you and dad?"

"Oh! Well I am on my way. And your father had already gone to work"

"Hmm..and Ria?"

"Oh! She doesn't have class today so she went to Lisa's house to do some project."

"It's good to hear that she is doing good"

"Of course. She has a good sister"

Ruth snickered

"Uhm...Ruth...I should hung up now. I am about to reach"

"Sure mom. I will call you later. Bye ....and love you"

"Love you too child"

Ruth's family consists of her parents and her younger sister. Her father, Raphael Wallace is a senior bank employee and her mother, Charlotte Wallace is an entrepreneur. She is a quite famous designer and has her own boutique shop. Ruth's sister, Ria Wallace is a sophomore in the university.

Attention! Attention everybody!

Francesca shouted. She was the department head.

"Guys....I have a good news to tell" she spoke.

Everyone stared at her eagerly.

"Our project on the renovation of the St. Alban's hospital was great success. The hospital management and the people gave a good review of it. So ...... our director of the board has decided to give a rise to our department members and three days holiday....yeah!!"

"Woah...." everyone cried in joy.

Everyone hugged and cheered in happiness including Ruth and Nora. They were beyond happy because the result of their hard work had a positive result.

____________________