Chapter 7

RUTH'S POV

A big, grey wolf.

I looked at Mario  and found that he was also looking where I looked. His face displayed an unknown expression. I didn't knew what it was. I couldn't bother myself to know what it was as my legs had already moved from there.

I ran......

I ran back into my tent. I took my bag and kept on searching what I currently required. My hands stopped when it caught on that particular object which I needed.

My camera.

I grabbed it and ran back to where I was standing. Mario was still there.

I looked at the wolf. It was now standing on a big yet small rock. It was not alone now, as there were few other wolves behind him. They were all looking in our direction.

I brought my camera near my eye and started taking their photos. I was so passionate about taking photos. It was my hobby since young. This craziness was passed on to me by my dad. And I was grateful for that.

I kept on clicking my camera. I took many photos of them. But what hit me most was that certain grey wolf. It was special.

It's gaze was so intense. And it felt like penetrating straight into my soul. Those golden eyes....they were really attractive.

Maybe, it would be their leader, I assumed.

"Woah! Is that wolves?" Betsy shouted making me to come out from my thoughts.

"Woah! They're so big..."

"Yeah they are .." I said.

I never thought that wolves would be this big. I mean....I have never seen them on reality but I have watched them on national geography and some films. They were so small compared to the ones I am seeing now.

"My god! what am I seeing?" said Nora as her hand slipped on to my shoulder.

"Is that really wolves?" she asked as her mouth opened in surprise.

"Are you blind?" I left out a sarcasm.

She rolled her eyes at me and took out her phone and began to take their photos .

One by one everyone came near the river. They were all discussing about it. Some were in shock seeing those big wolves and some were taking its pictures.

I looked back at the grey wolf.

Howl........

The grey wolf howled.

Howl.......................Howl..................

It did it again and the others joined after that. It was so loud and rythmic.

The grey wolf came down from the rock and rushed to the river. It's like it wanted to come to this side. It suddenly stopped and looked at a dark brown wolf near him.

Woah! will they come here? I thought as fear engulfed me.  I have seen in films wolves attacking people. And now that they were infront of us and only a river could separate us.....in addition they were in a pack......I  gulped.

I could hear small growlings from the opposite side. I think they were communicating. The grey wolf turned to look at this side. I couldn't notice the expression on it's face as they were far.

Was it sad? I simply thought.

Yeah! disappointed in not able to taste us.

They slowly moved back into the woods.
The grey wolf turned his head and looked at us again for the last time and disappeared into the woods.

_____

IAN'S POV

Mate.....it was only the word that my mind repeated.

I was so happy not to mention my wolf. We were so happy to find my mate after these many years.

My eyes began to examine her. She wore a navy blue t-shirt with denim jeans. She was slim and small in comparison with me. Her hair was tied in a bun and those bangs covered her forehead.  Her eyes were fixed on me.

Those green eyes. Fuck!

She was so beautiful. No....the most beautiful woman I have seen, I corrected myself.

My worry took over me when I saw she running away.

Were is she going? How could she run away the moment I found her?

"Were is she running to?" I asked by mind linking with Mario.

He was also a werewolf. He was in my pack but had to leave Italy with his daughter for her higher studies. It's not a problem as he usually comes back. He was faithful and loyal one.

"I don't know Alpha...." he replied shivering.

Che cos'è l'alfa? ( What is it alpha?) Elijah mind linked with me. He came along with the others. They were worried why their alpha ran without notifying them.

I didn't bothered to give a reply. My breathing became heavy. I was so furious. I climbed on top of a rock to see her.

There she was...running back to me. My beautiful mate.....

She stopped near the river side and began to take photos. I calmed down as soon as I saw her.  I kept on staring at my mate.

She was taking photos. My photos. My wolf smiled.

I saw an afro hair girl coming near her. She too saw us. Slowly others approached. They all saw us. My mate stopped taking photos. I heard she speaking something to the girl near her.

She turned to look at me again. I was beyond happy. I was so glad to see her.

"I found my mate" I howled.

The wolves were shocked including Elijah.

I howled again. This time my pack joined me.

"We found our Luna...."

I climbed off from the rock and was about to go to her only to be stopped by Elijah as he mind linked with me.

"Alfa, non ora" ( Alpha, not now)

"Cosa intendi?" ( What do you mean?) I asked him exasperated.

"We are in our wolf forms. Luna will be terrified if you go there now. Moreover she is a human. She doesn't know our existence." he warned me.

"Elijah....I found her after these many years. If I didn't go to her....what if she disappear?"

"No alpha..... don't worry. She won't go. Moreover Mario is with her. He will take care of everything.

"Quindi per favore rilassati" ( So please relax)

He was right I thought. If I rushed things,  I would lose her. She was a mere human who doesn't know that mythical creatures like us was not fantasy but real.

A bitter truth which no one was ready to believe.

"Mario....we are leaving now. Protect your Luna." I ordered him through mind linking.

"Rest assured, alpha. With all my life, I will protect our Luna" he promised.

"By the way...what is her name?" I asked wanting to know what my mate's name was.

"It's Ruth Wallace, alpha" he replied.

"Ruth Wallace" my wolf  murmured.

Elijah and others moved inside the woods. Before leaving I turned back to take a glimpse of my mate again.

"Ruth Wallace.....we will meet soon" I said before existing.

______________________