Chapter 26

RUTH'S POV

I was with Ian in his car. He was driving  me to his home where his mother stays. He was planning to introduce me to his family. He told me that he lost his father when he was a teen. I am really nervous. I must impress his family and have a good opinion about me. I wish the things go well there

"Here we are." Ian said which brought me from my thoughts.

I looked ahead as the car entered a huge gate. There was two guards infront of it and allowed our car to go in when they recognised our car.

What the.....!

I gasped when I saw the big mansion infront of me. It was so big and magnificent. There was a huge fountain in the front and garden along the sides.
Actually the mansion was situated in a remote area which was surrounded by huge trees.

"Is this where the rich live?" I thought.

The door of my side opened and I saw Ian standing there giving me a hand. I took his hand and get off from the car. My legs were trembling but I don't know how but Ian also noticed it.

"Don't be nervous. My mother is very easy to deal." he said giving me an assurance smile.

I nodded back.

"You guys came." I heard a woman's voice and turned to the entrance.

I saw a woman standing infront of the huge door along with another woman and was looking towards us. She had long hair which she had braided and ended up till her waist. She looked like sixties. But was so beautiful and stood there elegantly like a rich lady of course.

Ian walked to her while holding my hand.

"Good morning mom" he said and hugged her.

"Good morning son, You came earlier than I expected. " she said and turned her gaze to me.

I noticed that she was holding a walking stick.

"Ruth?"

I shifted my gaze to her instantly.

"Uhm..yes"

"Come here child, let me have a look at you" she said which made me to walk to her side.

She hugged me.

"You are so beautiful. No wonder Ian was going crazy for you " she said by cupping my face.

"Mom!" Ian called as he was embarrassed.

To speak of the truth, the woman standing before me looked so beautiful for her age. She had the same eyes as Ian. On a closer look I can find a few grey hairs on her. But that doesn't make the aura around her to dim.

"Come inside" she said giving a big bright smile which made the wrinkles on her face to show up.

"Uhm... I've prepared some gifts for you. It's in the trunk. Let me take it."

"Oh! So sweet of you. Those were not required actually.  But since you brought those I'll accept in happily. I'll ask someone to bring it."

I didn't expect Ian's mom to be so friendly.

__

"Try this. I heard from Ian that you love  lobster. So I prepared this especially for you" she spoke while moving the plate of lobster towards me.

"Thank you, Mr. Divit"

"Oh come on, you can call me Mom. After all we are gonna be a family soon."

I looked at Ian blushing.

"Hmm....okay mom"

"Take your time, child."

We were eating our lunch in the huge dinning hall. Mrs Divit was busy filling my plates. I didn't except she to be so loving and caring. She was just like my mom.

My eyes wandered everywhere across the room along with eating  It soon landed on a few people who were peeking  from the kitchen. They were murmuring something to each other while looking at me.

"Why are they looking at like that?" I thought.

"They work here." Mrs. Divit said as she noticed my gaze.

"Huh?"

"It's the first time Ian bringing a girl here. So they were surprised and wanted to see you."

"Oh...." I looked at them again and smiled.

They giggled and hide behind the door bashfully.

"By the way, this is Ophelia. Our head maid. You can call her Aunt Ophelia. " said Ian.

I looked at the woman who was standing besides Mrs. Divit.  I remember her now. She was also at the entrance while welcoming me.

"Uh...Hi" I greeted her.

"No need to greet me while eating." she said politely.

I continued to have my lunch.

__

I was standing in the balcony looking at the surroundings.  The whole place was covered with forest as if this place was situated in a forest. I remembered Netherlands seeing this place.

"Hmm...do you like my home?" Ian asked back hugging me.

"Yeah! I love it"

"I am pleased to hear that."

"Hey, you are back......" We turned to the door as we heard it. I saw a woman at my age near the door.

She ran towards Ian and hugged him.

"I missed you so much..."she said giving a  strong peck on Ian's cheek.

My eyes widened with that site.

"Now who the fuck is she?"

____________________