Chapter 5

RUTH'S POV

We reached in Amsterdam by twelve in the noon. We were welcomed by our tour guide,Mario at the airport. He had worn a blue floral shirt and a white shorts with his black sunglasses on. Half of his hairs were white and also his beard. He was in his mid-fifties.

Our trip had nine members including Francesca and her husband Philip. We were very familiar with Philip as he used to come to our company usually. Now Mario also joined, so it makes ten in total.

"So fellows, it's time for lunch. I will take you to one of the best restaurants in Amsterdam. " said Mario

We all agreed.

After the lunch, Mario took us to a museum and then for a boat ride. We did few shopping and then ate our dinner. The food was so good. We returned to our hotel by nine. Me and Nora shared a room, as there were two beds in a room. The trip was for four days and three nights. We should spend one night in the hotel and two nights in the camp. We have to return back by Sunday.

_____

We started at five in the morning. We travelled by the bus which Mario arranged for us till we reached near the forest. Then we started our trekking.

The forest was so peaceful unlike the cities. It was so calm and refreshing. I listened to the forest. I could hear birds chirping. The trees were so tall and its top was hardly seen. I could only recognize pines, oaks and giant sequoias among them. I could only see squirrels and European hedgehog among the animals.

"Babe ...I'm so tired" said Nora leaning to Calvin.

"Don't worry.... we will reach soon" shouted Mario who heard her.

We were walking for hours. We had our lunch in between and then again we continued our trucking. My legs were worn out. I have never walked this long. At first I didn't bother it because I was too much engrossed in watching the view.

We soon reached near a river. It was three over forty in the evening. Mario said to settle down here. We sat down and rested for a bit and then started to build our tent. We were going to spend two night here.

"Nick, can you give me a hand" I shouted.

I never made a tent. Nick came forward and helped me. I then arranged my bed and other essential things. I should sleep alone in the tent as Nora and Calvin will be sharing one.

"Do you need a hand?" I asked Francesca

" No...it's about to be finished dear." she said.

I nodded.

Francesca looked so stunning even in casual dress. She had worn a olive shirt and black shorts. She was so smart in work. She looked so bold and sexy. So the boys especially liked her....a lot. She was strict in work and friendly when needed. No doubt, she earned our respect.

I looked around. The place was good. I took a deep amount of air in and exhaled it. I felt relaxed after so many days. There is no traffic, no work, no tension.

We took many selfies. The boys then went to fetch logs for the campfire. I saw Mario near the river fetching water in a bottle. I went near him.

"Hey...I am Ruth Wallace" I introduced myself. We had done an introducing lesson the previous day but I doubted whether he remember everyone's names.

He looked at me and got up smiling.

"Hey! Do you need something?" he asked.

"No! I am alright. I just saw you near the river and walked here" I said

"Uh ...how is this place? Do you like it?"

"Yes....yes, of course. Thanks to you for bringing us here. It's so beautiful"

"It's part of my job, kid"

I smiled.

"So..where are you from?"

"Uh..I am currently living in Camberwell. I work there so.... And you?"

"Oh me! Well I am basically an Italian but I settled down here few years back with my family."

"Uhm...Italian..no wonder your name sounds though"

I turned to observe the river. It was neither small nor big. But we could see the opposite side of the river from here. The woods in the opposite side seems to be more darker.

Is the wind blowing there? I thought when I saw the movement in the grass.

I kept on gazing at that direction. The movement of the grass became more strong.

Suddenly, I saw a wolf coming from inside the woods.

A big, grey wolf.

_____________________