Chapter 21

RUTH'S POV

"Ian" I whispered. "What are you doing here?"

I was sleeping peacefully but got disturbed in the middle. I heard the doorbell ringing. But at first, I thought it was not real. But later when I heard it again I was sure that someone was outside. I guessed it would be Nora or Calvin. I opened the door only to find Ian standing there.

Suddenly he hugged me.

What the....

"I missed you" he said sniffing me.

Is he drunk?

I pated his back slightly.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Told you. I missed you"

Again.....what is his problem?

He stopped hugging me and looked at me.

"Ruth"

"Huh?"

"I love you!"

Damn! I began to blush. He was smiling looking at me.

"You..."

He leaned forward and kissed me before I completed.

He kissed me so passionately and sucked my lips gently.

"Mmm...."

I loved it.

He bit my bottom lips and I hissed.

He took this chance to enter his tongue inside me. I clenched on his shirt. I too started to respond to his kiss and he smirked while kissing me.

He began to move forward slowly making me to move back inside my apartment.  He closed the door behind using his leg without breaking our kiss.

He tightened his grip on my waist.

I was feeling butterflies inside me.

Growl~~~

We instantly broke our kiss.

I was blushing mess.

"I'm hungry. I didn't have dinner" he said.

"What? Why?"

"It's because I had something to deal with"

"Do you know what the time is?" I asked.

He looked on his watch and giggled.

"Oh! I'm late. I should've come here a little more early. So I could've spend more time with you" he said caressing my cheeks using his thumb.

"I'll cook something for you" I said freeing myself from his grip and rushed into the kitchen.

Shit! I'm embarrassed.

I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a pouch of bread and few eggs and some vegetables.

__

"Hum....it smells nice" he said and took a bite on the sandwich.

"Wow! It tastes great"

"It's just some bread and eggs" I said.

"So what? Whatever you make will be delicious" he said.

I blushed.

I watched him eating like a kid who got an ice cream after begging for a long time.

I want to ask him why he was here at this hour. But I kept my mouth shut because I knew what kind of reply he is gonna give me.

"Do you want a bite?" he asked me offering me a sandwich

"No thanks. I'm not hungry"

He smiled and continued eating.

__

I washed the plates and went to him who was sitting in my living room.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" he asked.

I scoffed. "Thanks to someone who disturbed my sleeping"

"I'm sorry"

"So, when are you leaving?" I asked.

"Are you so much eager to send me away?" he asked smirking.

"It's not like that....." Wait a minute, why am I saying that. "Yes! Please leave, it's late" I snapped back.

His expression changed in no seconds. He stood up and walked to me.

I gulped as I watching him coming towards me.

He grabbed my shoulders and tossed me on to the couch.

What he did next shocked me frankly.

He kneeled in front of me. He grabbed my both hands tightly but not making me feel the pain.

"Never say such things to me" he said, more like pleading.

His eyes displayed his emotions and I understood what it was. He was sad.

I don't know what to do but I just nodded my head. My heart ached when I saw him like this.

He touched my cheeks and looked at me with full love.

"I love you, Ruth"

Damn! My heart is beating like crazy.

"You haven't given me a reply it" he said which made me to tense up and also to blush.

"You are blushing" he said.

"No I'm not" I snapped back.

"Yes you are" he said snickering.

I bit my bottom lips in embarrassment.

"I'm sleepy" I said getting up.

"Hmm...fine" he said while standing up. "Then, I'll be leaving now. But don't think you can escape from me. Tomorrow......I need an answer by tomorrow."

Is he serious? What am I gonna do?

He walked to the door after giving me a peck on my lips.

"Close the door and sleep tight. Will see you tomorrow" he said winking.

I closed the door and leaned to it. I kept my hand on my chest to steady my breathing.

I went to my bed thinking about the next day and with my whole face red.

_____

I was on my way to our Ian's penthouse.
I reached near the building.  Nora and Calvin had work to do in the office building so they couldn't come with me.

I purposefully didn't go there or else I will see him. I am not ready to face him.

I walked to the reception area. She looked at me doubtfully and gave a call to someone.

I heard she saying something in Italian but I didn't understand what it was.

She hung up the phone and smiled at me.

"This way mam, please follow me" she said and took me the the elevator.

The penthouse was on the fifteeth floor.

"This is it mam" she said when the elevator stopped.

I walked out of the elevator and the receptionist smiled closing the elevator behind me.

I walked inside looking around.

"Woah!"

The interior was so magnificent.  I carefully observed every corner of it.
I took note of everything. There were total three bedrooms here. I entered the last bedroom. It was especially larger than the other two.

"This will be the master bedroom" I thought.

I was writing down some points in my notepad. Suddenly someone hugged me from behind.

"Told you, I'll see you today" the person whispered in my ear.

_____________________