Chapter 17

"Huh!"

Ian removed his seatbelt and looked at Ruth. He slowly leaned his body towards her by looking straight into her green orbs.

Ruth on the other hand began to tense up. She moved back subconsciously.

"Uh.." she wanted to speak but her voice gave up.

Ian turned to back and took a file from the backseat.

"This is for you. You may need it" he said handing over it to Ruth.

"Oh!" she exclaimed.

Ian looked at her depressed face. "What, did you expect something?"

"What?....No..." she replied as her cheeks turned into red.

Ian giggled.

"I'm going. Goodnight" she said and got off from the car.

"Goodnight"

_____

"How was your date babe?" Nora asked.

"Date?"

"Don't deny it Ruth. Say....did he confess to you? Did you guys kiss? How did you feel? It was your first kiss right?" Nora kept on asking questions.

"Nora stop it......First of all it was not a date. It was a simple dinner. And we are not dating. Why should he date a girl like me? I'm not high class or rich like him." Ruth explained.

"Yeah! She is right. Mr.Divit may have many women around him. Why would he go after Ruth? And maybe he was just flirting with Ruth. She is beautiful, right? said Calvin.

Well, Calvin didn't have a good impression on Ian. Mainly because Nora was crazy for him. He was a little jealous of Ian.

Ruth's face fell after hearing Calvin.

Was he really flirting with me? she thought.

"Babe....you may not have heard about him. He has never dated anyone" said Nora.

"What, he has never dated anyone?" screamed Ruth.

Nora and Calvin was surprised to hear her.

"Uh...I meant...he has never..uh..not even a single woman?"

Nora smiled. "Yes he has never dated anyone. I've heard his interview once. When he was questioned about his relationship status, he told them that he was still waiting for the right one"

Ruth was happy to hear that.

"Why are you smiling?" asked Calvin.

"Huh ...nothing. Go back to your work" Ruth ordered them to hide her embarrassment.

"Hmm..hmm...I think someone is love" Nora teased her

"Fuck off!" Ruth snapped back.

Nora chucked and went back to her work.

"Why am I happy knowing that Ian was single? What's happening with me? Oh....Come on Ruth...focus on your work."

_____

A few days have passed and the work in the company cafeteria was finished.

"Hmm....I love it. You guys did great" Ian praised them.

Ruth, Nora, Calvin and other workers thanked him for complimenting their hardwork. They were happy.

"What's next?" Ian asked.

"We will do the conference area next" replied Calvin.

"Hmm" Ian nodded.

Ian whispered something to Elijah and turned to them.

"Then take a break and continue after that. And miss Wallace, please come with me"

Ruth gazed at him and her friends. "Sure, Mr Divit"

Ruth followed Ian and Elijah to the elevator. The elevator closed and she saw Elijah outside it smiling at her.

"Why isn't he coming with us?" She asked Ian but he didn't give a reply.

Ruth gulped down. She always felt nervous around him. And especially when they were alone.

She didn't dare to ask anything.

Ian turned to her.

"Ruth"

"Uh... what's it?" she asked blinking her eyes.

"Do you mind if I kiss you?"

"Huh"

She couldn't give a proper reply because he had already pressed his lips with her's.

____________________