Chapter 29

"Welcome back!" yelled everyone.

"Thanks guys....I didn't expect that we would have a warm welcoming after returning from Italy." said Ruth.

"This is nothing.....there are more surprises awaiting." said Betsy.

"Really....uhm.....we are waiting." said Nora brightly.

"Enough guys.....enough......you people go back to your work and......Ruth come to my office and submit me the report." said Francesca before turning back to her office.

"Sure!"

__

"Hum.......it's good. You've got a good review. Ruth you really did a good job. ZID Tech Zone is a company which I can't expect to get an offer from. This was really an important project and I am so glad that you were able to do it. Thank you so much for making them give a good review of us."

"It's all because of you. You're the one who appointed me and gave me the chance. I just did what you asked for. And Nora and Calvin were the people who contributed thier effort, even more than me." Ruth replied.

Francesca nodded grinning.

"You are so nice. You've got a good leadership quality.

"Thank you for the compliment" Ruth replied chuckling.

"I've talked to the head. They are planning to reward you guys with something."

"It's our pleasure."

"Take this report and send me a copy of it uhm....right away."

"Definitely! Then I'll be returning back to my cabin." said Ruth standing up.

"Hmm....hey wait a minute. I forgot to tell you something." Francesca yelled.

"What's it Mrs Easton?"

"Today is mine and Philip's seventh anniversary.  We are throwing a party tonight. And ........take this....this is an invitation. Give the rest to Nora and Calvin. Don't forget, you must come. At six in Crystal International Restaurant."

"Okay! We all will be there for sure."

_____

"Happy Anniversary, you lovebirds."

"Thank you......"

"Let's cheers to one of the best partners."

"Cheers!"

The party was kind of formal but was exceptionally cheerful. All the members of Francesca's company came to wish her and her husband a prosperous anniversary. Philip was well known in the business field, so he had also invited some of his business partners.

"They look so lovely" commented Nora.

"Yeah, they are" agreed Ruth sipping her wine.

"Isn't that Hannah and Allen?" Ruth asked looking to a corner. " How come they be so close? They were usually like cat and mouse."

"Didn't you know?" asked Nicholas.

"Know what?" Ruth retorted.

"It's another surprise for you. It's kind of unreal but.....they are actually dating."

"What?" Ruth scoffed.

"Yo! Bro, seriously?" asked Calvin. "Since when?"

"Hmm....If I remember correctly......most probably after two weeks since you left to Italy." replied Nicholas.

"Woah! It's indeed surprising." Ruth stated.

__

"Nora, I need to use the restroom." said Ruth handing over the empty wine glass to one of the waiter.

"Go ahead! I'll wait for you here"

"Hmm!"

__

Ruth came out of the restroom and walked back to the party area. Suddenly someone hugged her from behind.

"You smell so sweet tonight!" he whispered in her ear.

Ruth was shocked to hear the unfamiliar yet familiar voice. She smelled heavy alcohol from that person. She quickly turned back releasing herself from his grip.

"You?" she spoke indignantly.

____________________