Chapter 25

"She is my girlfriend!"

Everyone who were present there gasped in disbelief. They looked at each other and soon the meeting room became chaotic.

Leonie gritted her teeth while looking at Ruth. She clenched her fists into tight ball as she was literally pissed off. She stomped out of the room by harshly pulling the door.

"Leonie...." her father screamed petrified. He looked at Ian for the last time before exiting.

"The meeting is over. You can go back to your work. And don't waste your time gossiping." Ian ordered.

The staffs, including Nora and Calvin dismissed soon. Nora and Calvin were happy.

Ian turned to Ruth.

"So, what do you want to tell me?"

"Uhm...it's nothing."

"Really, I don't think so. Your text looked like that you had something to tell me seriously."

"I just want to ask about.....uhm......that woman who came to visit you. She told to the receptionist that she was your......was your girlfriend and your f....future wife." Ruth replied pouting.

Ian cupped her face.

"Then what did you do? Did you think that I was cheating on you?"

Ruth didn't reply for a second and started into the man's brown orbs.

"I was sad......I wanted to talk to you about this and clarify everything with you."

"Did you cry?" Ian asked looking into her pale face.

Ruth didn't reply but tears were forming from her eyes. She bit her lips controlling it.

Ian didn't waste any time and suddenly hugged her. Now, Ruth couldn't control it anymore. She cried in his embrace.

"Listen Ruth, no matter what happens, I'll not cheat on you neither leave you. Even if you wished to leave me. I'll not. As I told you earlier, I'll never let something separate us. Trust me."

"Hmm" Ruth mumbled.

_____

It's been a month since Ruth and Ian started dating. The work in the penthouse was nearly finished. And Ruth has to return to Camberwell after that. The staffs in Ian's company were happy because Ian's temper had changed a lot better than before. Ruth was able to control his anger. So the staffs were so thankful to her.

"Ruth, have some wine"

"Thanks you, Stefan."

"Don't let her drink more." said Ian.

"Look Eli, someone started to be so considerate" said Stefan mocking.

They laughed hearing Stefan.

It was right Ian had changed a lot better than before. He became a pretty lover from a cold bossy CEO. His mate's presence gave him comfort and relaxation.

It was Saturday night and Ian invited Ruth to have dinner with his friends. He wanted to introduce them to her. She knew them already but still they have a lot to know about each other.

"When will Fabio arrive?" asked Stefan.

"He will be here in any minute." replied Ian.

"Who is Fabio?" asked Ruth hearing the name for first time.

"He is also one of my friend. He is also a  famous singer in Italy."

"Singer? You've got a singer in your group?"

"Yep!" Ian winked at her.

After few minutes....

"Sorry guys, I'm late. My flight was delayed."

A young man in white t-shirt and denim jacket with matching pants entered into the private room of the restaurant where Ian and others were dinning.

"No probs, sit"

The young man looked at the girl opposite to him.

"So this must be your mate?" he asked asked Ian.

"Mate?" Ruth retorted confused.

Ian glared at Fabio while the others looked at him with a 'you are  doomed' sign.

"Uhm...I meant girlfriend. You see I am a singer and also a song writer so I use these kinds of words. Just take it casually." Fabio explained.

"Hmm.." Ruth nodded smiling.

"Oh, I am Fabio by the way. Ian's best buddy."

"I see ...I am Ruth."

"Of course I know you. I was the one who collected your information and sent it to Ian."

Well that man again spilled the beans foolishly.

Ian and the others cursed him while looking at him furiously.

"What information?" She asked looking at Ian.

"Uhm......uhm....about your company. He was the one who helped me to collect the information of best architect companies around the world." Ian suddenly made up a lie.

"Oh?" Ruth easily beloved his words.

"Let's continue eating. I'm hungry" said Stefan to change the topic.

"Faresti meglio a tenere la bocca chiusa e non dire sciocchezze, se vuoi essere vivo." ( You better keep your mouth shut and don't blabber nonsense, if you want to be alive ) Ian mind linked with Fabio.

Fabio gulped nervously.

____________________