Chapter 38

IAN'S POV

"Ruth!"

The name went out from my mouth like a whisper.

"She is in danger!" Dante warned me.

I hastly went out from my mother's room despite of listening to what she was yelling from behind.  I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Ruth.

"Hey Ruth here, Sorry! Can't attend the phone now. Leave a message."

"Oh Damn! The voice mail." I cursed.

I tried to call her again.

And again it was connected to her voice mail.

I quickly typed her a text informing to call me back immediately but there was no response from the other side.

What if something happens to her?

No! No! No! That's not possible......she must be safe. Urgh! God! My anxiousness is killing me.

I called one of my man in Camberwell who I've ordered to protect Ruth in secret while I was away.

"Capo!" ( Boss!)

"Dov'è lei?" ( Where is she?)

"Capo, è in sua compagnia." ( Boss she is in her company.) " Non è ancora uscita." ( She hasn't come out yet)

"Hmm... Guardala. Se trovi qualcosa di sospetto chiamami immediatamente." ( Hmm.....Watch her. If you find anything suspicious call me immediately)

"Certo capo!" ( Sure Boss)

The humans I asked to protect Ruth is not enough. They can be beaten easily by Kilian's wolves. I need to go there, to Ruth. She is only safe near me. But  I have a few matters to settle down here and I can't go there. I hope Fabio reach to her before anything happens.

I will never let anything happens to her.

_____

RUTH'S POV

"Huff! That was really a long meeting." said Nora who sat on her office chair exhausted.

"You look really tired babe!" said Calvin.

"Yeah honey.....could you please massage my temples.......you are a good massager."

"Why not?"

Cavin stood behind Nora's chair and started massaging her temples.

"Yes.....yes .......like that...." murmered Nora who found relaxation under her boyfriend's massage.

I smiled while looking at them. They sometimes act like they are in thier home. I sat down in my chair and kept the notepad on the table which I took with me for writing down few notes during the meeting.

I took my phone randomly just to check on any recent messages or calls.

My eyes widened when I found all those notifications.

"Fifteen missed calls from Ian." I think I said it aloud.

"Maybe he misses you. Call back or else he will be worried." said Nora.

Yeah I definitely said it aloud.

"Yeah I'm going to.."

I called back Ian while thinking why he called me so much time. There were a lot of texts from him asking me to call back and so and so. I was surprised when he picked up his phone on the second ring.

Was he waiting for my call?

"Hey..." I was cut off by him.

"Ruth, where are you? Are you okay? Why didn't you answer my calls and text? I was worried like hell. You are okay right? Where are you? Ruth....."

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Ian...stop........what happend?" I asked.

What happend to him?  I wondered

I heard he sighing.

"Where were you?" he asked softly.

"Uhm......I was in a meeting. As you know, phone are not allowed duing the meetings. So I didn't take it in. And what happend to you? You sounds so worried. Is everything okay there?"

"Yeah...... actually I am fine. But I have a slight problem."

"Problem? What problem?" I asked worriedly.

"It's that......I miss you!"

That was enough to turn my cheeks into crimson colour which I saw through my reflection on the small mirror which I had kept on my table. I couldn't help but smile.

"I miss you too!" I said

I bet he will be smiling right now.

I looked at my watch. "Well I should return back to my work.....will call you later."

"Hmm....and Ruth.."

"Huh? What's it?"

"Just stay safe. And call me if anything happens?"

"What is gonna happend to me?" I asked shrugging.

Something is really odd with him today!

"Nothing just.... I was telling.  Be safe!"

"Fine!  I will be safe. You too."

Our call ended soon and I turned back into my work.

_____

I returned from my office and took a shower. I picked up a drink from the refrigerator and sat on my couch and switched on the television.

After a few minutes, someone rang my door bell.

Who will be it? I thought and went towards the door.

I peeked through the door hole to find no one. I turned back to walk back but again my doorbell rang.

I looked through the door hole again, and as before I found no one.

This is really creeping me out.

I opened the door and saw no one.

Suddenly someone jumped before me which made me shock. I was startled to see the person whom I was least expecting.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

____________________