Chapter 4

IAN'S POV

I was in my car, heading to my mansion in Rome. I was feeling really tired after the party. I loosened my tie and closed my eyes to rest.

"Are you alright, alpha" asked Elijah who was sitting on the passenger seat.

I hummed back in reply.

Yes! It's right, he called me alpha. We are not ordinary humans. We were basically werewolves. It's not just fantasy but a truth which is hard to believe.

For the world, I was Zander Ian Divit, a successful businessman. But for my family and my pack, I was their Alpha king. And Elijah was my beta, my most trusted friend.

My parents, Alexander and Alma Divit were the former alpha and luna of our pack. Unfortunately my father died in a war between another pack. I was around sixteen that time. My mother could not bear the pain of losing her mate but she chose to stay strong to protect me and my younger sister and most importantly our pack.

It was lucky that by that time I had turned into my wolf form. Or else our pack would have fallen apart. My pack members made me their new alpha after my father's death.

"Alpha, abbiamo raggiunto." (Alpha, we have reached. ) said Elijah looking at me.

I opened my eyes and got out from the car.

__________

"Uhm...Ruth, look at this dress. How is it?" asked Nora.

It was nearly noon and the girls were busy in shopping for their trip.

"It's good" Ruth replied.

"Then I'm gonna buy it" said Nora.

"Whatever"

"Hey ladies, check this" said Calvin running into them by holding a fancy pocket knife.

They peeked at the knife and continued to do their shopping uninterested to look at the knife again.

"Oh! You guys doesn't seems to like my knife. Anyway, I am going to buy it. Who knows when it will be useful during the trip"

"Have you finished?" asked Nicholas who came with Allen. They were shopping in other department.

"Not yet" replied Ruth.

"Fine do it fast. But first Listen guys, everyone must take a tent, sleeping bags or sleeping mats, pillow, torch and additional batteries for it. Uhm....then bring a lighter or matchbox, water bottle and most importantly phone charger and power banks. We will spent most of our time in the forest so there will be no plug-ins to charge our phones. So make sure your phone don't die during that time."

"Sure" everyone said.

"Uh...well boys...you guys must take a knife and ropes. It would be needed....in case."

"No problem. I am gonna buy this pocket knife right now." said Calvin.

"I think your boyfriend got possessed by a knife" Ruth whispered to Nora.

Nora chuckled in return.

__________

IAN'S POV

I was sitting on a chair near the hearth and was on the phone with my sister Scarlett. She was six years younger than me. She got married with her mate Erick, four years back when she was nineteen.

Erick was the alpha of Dark Moon pack. We were family friends since young. He lives in Germany and my sister also stays there after her marriage. They now have a three year old son and his name is Archie.

"Uhm...."

"What is it? Do you have something to say?" I asked Scarlett.

"Non è niente. (It's nothing.)

I kept quite. I knew she wants to ask me something.

"Well...I want to ask you about your mate......L'hai trovata?" (Have you found her? )

"No" I replied sadly.

"Don't worry bro...I am sure you will find her."

"I hope so"

Our conversation ended soon. I took a cigarette and lit it up. I began thinking about my mate.

My mate...

Where is she? When will I see her?

It's been thirteen years after my first shift. Still...I couldn't find my mate. I was waiting for her so long. I was always hoping to meet her but I ended up getting frustrated without finding her.

My wolf is as well as unhappy as me. We believed that she is alive somewhere and we will meet her one day.

"I need my mate and my pack needs their luna" I mumbled.

"What if we find her someday?" I asked my wolf.

"We would better lock her up" my wolf replied.

I smirked

____________________