Chapter 33

RUTH'S POV

"So explain? Why were you late today?" asked Nora who was sitting opposite to me with folded arms.

"What kind of question is that, babe? She was with her boyfriend last night and you can just imagine why was she late. It's natural."

"Uhm.....Calvin, you misunderstood. We didn't do anything last night, I swear. It's just..... I slept more than usual and I forgot to set the alarm."

"Oh....hard to believe though." he shrugged.

"I don't need to lie." I stated.

"Just stop it. Both of you. The break is over. Let's go back to our work." Nora stood while saying that.

"Hmm....let's go. " We agreed and headed back into our cabin.

_____

"Ergh! What a day?"

I threw my bag to the bed.  Then grabbed a night dress from the wardrobe and strode into the bathroom. I really needed a hot shower.

The water kept on flowing and I was shampooing my hair. Got a tell, it's been a rough day. I had lot of works to complete and moreover I was late. 

I closed my eyes and it's kind of relaxing to take a shower after heavy work. My memories wandered the previous night's incident. A small smile crept on my face. I'm really very lucky to have Ian in my life. He always gave me a different feeling. His touch, hug, kiss, concerns and even his voice have great effect on me. 

Suddenly, it struck me.

The golden eyes.

Last night's scenes began to get displayed in front of me.

I clearly noticed it. Ian's pupils were golden when he attacked Andrew. It was not the first time I'm seeing it. My memories again started going back to when we first kissed. In his office, when he tried to kiss me again that day I saw his pupil changing it's colour to golden. At that time, I thought my eyes played trick with me. But I can't deny it since I saw it again last night.

Am I being paranoid?

I quickly washed my hair and put on my dress and came out from the bathroom.

I sat on the vanity stool and started drying my hair.

__

I flopped on to my bed and took my phone in hand.

I opened it to find two missed calls from Ian. I instantly called him back. Which he answered within the second ring.

"Where were you?" he asked.

"I was taking a shower."

"Oh! No wonder you didn't answer the phone. I was worried for no reason. You should take your phone with you next time onwards. Or else I'll be worried again."

"Are you kidding me? Who takes their phone with them to shower?" 

Urgh.....this man is acting like a baby.

"Have you had your dinner?"

"Yep! It was Nora's treat today. And you? Where are you now?"

"I had........ I'm in my  hotel room. I am in a video conference now."

"What?" I sat up straight on my bed. "Seriously Ian? In middle of a meeting?"

"Yeah! You called me..... so I asked them to pause the meeting."

"Are you sick? Why did you answer a call in between a meeting?"

"How couldn't I answer my girlfriend's call?"

"Damn Ian......I am gonna hung up."

"Hey....wait."

I hung up my phone and sent a text to Ian.

'Goodnight!'

He replied instantly.

 'Goodnight love. Sleep tight and dream about me' also with a winking smiley and a heart.

I kept my phone on the night stand. Then I pulled up my duvet and shut the lights off.

_____

Somewhere unknown,

"Alpha, we got a few a few information about Alpha Zander." a man said while coming in front of someone.

The place was so dark.  And the moonlight was the only source of light which was in that room.

"Speak!"

"Alpha Zander had found his mate. She is a human."

The man who heard him slowly moved forward,

"That's a great news you brought me, Lorenz." the man spoke with a smirk which was visible under the moonlight.

"It's pay back time!"

____________________