Chapter 10

"Code names sound dope," is Haela's immediate response once Acelina has brought up the idea of code names. They are once again sitting in a Muggle dinner. Haela has her elbows placed on the table and eyes the group. "I already have a suggestion."

The dinner they are currently at isn't the same as the one where they held their first meeting. Oliver suggested it might not be a good idea to keep meeting at the same dinner. In case of them gets followed. Their current dinner is located not far from the Leaky Cauldron. It had been Haela's suggestion. Acelina knows this place well. She and Haela have eaten here several times when they went shopping in Diagon Alley. The waitress hadn't even looked up when she heard them enter and hadn't commented on their attire.

"Well, spill it out," Oliver says impatiently when Haela stays silent. The black-haired woman casts a familiar look of mischief at Acelina before suggesting: "Mantis for Acelina, Eagle for Oliver, and Oak for Percy."

"Mantis?" Acelina frowns, "Why Mantis?"

"I like mine. Is it because I play Quidditch?"

Oliver asks and Haela nods enthusiastically. Percy seems to think about his code name before shrugging and accepting it. Acelina thinks for a moment and says: "Shadow for Haela."

"Deal!"

Hollie and Margred share a look.

"Poppy for me and Lilly for Mar. This is good. Now I can introduce myself to the people I warn at the Ministry instead of refusing to give them a name."

"That is settled then. Ha- I mean, Shadow, you wrote about finding a spot for a safe house?"

Percy raises an eyebrow at Haela who nods, "Right, Oak, I did. I have been searching and found someone in Knockturn Alley who has a plot of land near the New Forest in Hampshire."

Both Percy and Acelina want to open their mouth to ask some questions – Acelina because she knows Haela and isn't sure if buying a plot of land of someone the woman had met once in Knockturn Alley – but Haela gestures them to keep their mouth shut before continuing: "I managed to take a quick look, he was drunk enough, and spilled the exact location. There is already a small building standing on the plot and the whole thing is around an acre."

"I have asked around and some teammates have tents I can borrow," Oliver pipes in.

"There is one small, little thing, though," Haela says and scratches the back of her neck while looking at Acelina with an expression filled with guilt. Acelina's facial expression falls and she sighs.

"What did you do?"

"Imighthaveconvincedhimyouaresomeevilwitch," Haela mutters and Acelina frowns.

"Again, but slower this time so we can actually understand what you are saying."

Acelina doesn't need to hear Haela say it another time because she had understood her the first time around. She really didn't know what else to expect from Haela. They have known each other long enough for Acelina to know what type of ideas her best friend can have. She has always been doing things without thinking them through – like cutting her hair into a short bob without anyone's help. Acelina was the one who had to force her to go see a hairdresser.

Haela takes a deep breath and repeats herself, slower this time: "I might have convinced him Ace is some evil witch."

With wide eyes, Acelina looks at her best friend.

"Before you all start screaming and yelling at me," the black-haired woman holds up her hands in defense, "Fear is your best friend with these types of people. It will also drive down the price, double bonus."