Chapter 27

With everything going on, Edric and Draco's activities have been pushed to the back of Acelina's mind. When the two boys enter her bedroom after dinner, a week into their Easter holiday, Acelina is busy finishing something for Umbridge. Edric closes the door while Draco casts a Muffliato charm. Draco takes a seat in the corner near the window and Edric takes a seat on the armrest.

Acelina looks up from the file she was working on to see Edric holding out a folder. With raised eyebrows, Acelina takes it and when she opens it, she is remembered of what Edric and Draco have been up to the past week.

The folder is filled with pictures of Marcus. Not just any pictures, but pictures of him kissing different women. Besides the pictures, there is a printed page from the Daily Prophet. The headline says it all: 'NEXT YAXLEY WEDDING CANCELLED DUE TO INFIDELITY?!'

The article itself reads: 'As many of our beloved readers know, last Christmas the Yaxley-Pucey wedding was the talk of the season. With the oldest Yaxley daughter married, all eyes are on the second daughter of Corban Yaxley and Phoebe Yaxley née Crouch, Acelina, who is set to marry Marcus Flint in the near future. The two got engaged after they both graduated Hogwarts. It seems like the fairy-tale from the two high school sweethearts isn't as perfect as we thought. Something has come to light that might throw a spanner in the wedding preparations. From a reliable source, our Gossip Correspondent has heard some scandalous stories about Marcus Flint cheating before the couple has even tied the knot! At first, we, here at the Daily Prophet, didn't believe the stories, but when we went looking into the story, we found out some shocking details. These pictures don't lie, dear readers! We have yet to hear a statement from the Yaxley and Flinch families, but it's not looking good for Marcus and Acelina. Let's hope the girl knows her worth and seeks out a man that can appreciate her.'

Dumbfounded, Acelina looks up to the two boys. They have identical smug expressions on their faces. Edric grins and raises an eyebrow.

"What about a mental break-down over breakfast?"

"When will this be published?"

Acelina closes the folder, placing it beside her.

Draco answers: "Tomorrow morning. Nobody knows about it yet and it is already being printed. Nothing will stop this story from being published."

"I'll bring the popcorn," Edric snickers, "Isn't Marcus staying the night?"

Marcus is indeed staying the night. He is working late so Acelina had asked him to sleep in the guest room so she won't get disturbed in her sleep.

The following morning, Edric knocks on Acelina's bedroom door and pops his head inside. Acelina gestures him to enter the room as Reesey finishes the braid. Draco is already heading to the dining room where breakfast is served and Edric quickly places a copy of the Daily Prophet on dressing table. He presses a kiss on Acelina's cheek before rushing downstairs.

Acelina had prepared herself to bursts into the breakfast room and, like Edric said yesterday, 'have a mental break-down over breakfast'. She doesn't get that far.

With the Daily Prophet in her hands, Acelina storms downstairs to find her parents waiting for her in the entrance hall. Marcus stands beside her father, eyeing the older man fearfully. Her mother has an expression filled with pity and pulls Acelina into a hug the moment she has descended the stairs.

"Mom..."

Her mother makes a sussing sound, rubbing Acelina's back. From over her mother's shoulder, she can see her father. He is holding his own copy of the Daily Prophet and from the way his fingers wrinkle the newspaper he is holding, he must have already read the news. His facial expression tells her he is furious.