Chapter 20

A month has gone by and Lyra – dubbed Eclipse by Haela the moment she laid eyes on the girl – has been a great asset. Percy managed to pull a few strings that had Hollie transfer from the position at the Post Office as a courier to a low job at the Department of Magical Law where she works with the Muggle-Born children who are still in custody. Hollie seems to take it well and manages to reunite families while making sure more Muggle-Borns escape.

Someone was bound to notice, everyone in their group knows, but Acelina had expected it to be her father, or Umbridge, or even another Death Eater. She most definitely didn't expect Kingsley Shacklebolt, respected Auror, and part of the Order of the Phoenix. He had sent her a letter which had been intercepted by Lyra who had handed it to Acelina. Kingsley had asked to meet Acelina with the question if she needed any help with her 'tasks'.

It didn't worry Acelina that Kingsley had discovered they were responsible for the freeing of Muggle-borns. It worried her that Kingsley knew she was involved. It made Acelina paranoid for a few days, looking over her shoulder with everything she did. Still, she had agreed to meet the man.

"I'm still not completely fine with this."

Haela looks worried. They are standing in the living room of Percy's flat. Kingsley had wanted to meet in Muggle-London. Much to Acelina's relief, Percy himself isn't present as he had important meetings today. He had offered his place for the girls to use. Haela will follow Acelina in case it turns out to be a trap.

"You will be close. If I am in trouble, you will notice and can jump in for help."

The frown on Haela's forehead stays there as they walk through the streets to the old café Acelina is meeting Kingsley. They hug tightly before Acelina crosses the street and Haela casts a charm to hide.

The bartender looks up when she enters but doesn't seem concerned and continues cleaning glasses. There are three customers of which two are sitting at the bar, watching something on a metal box with moving pictures. The other one is sitting with his back to the entrance in one of the corners. Acelina orders a glass of water before heading to the booth with the man.

Kingsley Shacklebolt looks up when she sits down. A small smile appears on his face and he nods, "Good afternoon, Ms Mantis."

Acelina nods back. Her eyes scan the café and with one hand, she grips her wand tighter.

"How do I know you are the true Kingsley Shacklebolt?"

If her question catches Kingsley off guard, he doesn't show it.

"You are in contact with one River who hosts Potterwatch. Your friend is an intimidating woman if I have to believe him."

Acelina supposes it must be enough. If this all turns out to be a trap anyway, there is nothing else to do about it.

"I must apologize for the way I contacted you. A friend of mine told me it might jeopardize your cover and they were right. I was not thinking clearly as I was recovering from a Death Eater attack."

"I was wondering how you found out I was involved," Acelina asks, still wary something bad might happen. Kingsley smiles at her and places his wand on the table. Acelina eyes the man but keeps her wand in her lap, gripping it tightly.

"I have some little birds remaining within the Ministry. When your group contacted Potterwatch, I did some investigating. I did not know who you were personally and I do not wish to know your name. I knew it had to be someone within Umbridge's department and you showed up today."

Acelina finds it hard to believe the man doesn't know her name but doesn't press the issue. She takes a sip of her water as Kingsley continues.

"You have been doing great work, or so I heard."