Chapter 17

The leader of the Snatchers is Fenrir Greyback but Acelina refuses to set foot in the same room as him – the man smells, his oral hygiene is none existent, and the way his yellow eyes look at her makes her squirm. Haela had tried to talk Acelina into walking up to him but she had refused profoundly.

The next best thing is a man by the name of Scabior. His personal hygiene isn't much better than Fenrir Greyback's, but at least he doesn't look at Acelina like he wants to eat her. To Acelina's luck, Greyback refuses to walk around at the Ministry so Scabior is the one speaking with her father.

Twisting her engagement ring around her finger, Acelina waits anxiously until Scabior is finished speaking with her father. The Aurors walking around the department don't pay attention to her, most of them know who she is and for the first time in a while, she is glad about that. After peeking through the blinds for the fifth time, Acelina sees the man stand up and shake her father's hand.

Quickly, Acelina makes her way over to the entrance of the department, trying not to be noticed by her father or he might think she would want to speak to him and her chance will be lost. She wants to get the Trace onto Scabior before the Christmas holiday and has been scouting the Department of Magical Law for the past five days, waiting for the man to show up.

Scabior finally appears out of the office and begins making his way towards where Acelina is standing. She pretends to read the file she brought, in case she needed a reason to be here. Acelina quickly follows the man to the elevators.

She smiles politely at the man as she steps into the elevator. The man doesn't pay any attention to her and seems more busy investigating his nails after he cleaned his teeth with them. The door slides closed and the elevator begins to move.

"Level One, Minister for Magic and Support Staff," the female voice of the lift announcement says at the same time as Acelina mutters under her breath with her wand pointed at Scabior: "Vestigium."

Acelina has no idea if the spell is placed correctly or if it works properly. Lincoln remarked that the only way they will be sure is to wait until the location of the man appeared on the piece of parchment. Seeing there is nobody else in the elevator with them, Acelina presumes the charm is placed on Scabior.

Without another word, she steps out of the elevator and into the empty corridor of Level One. The doors slide close behind her and she quickly takes the empty sheet of parchment out of the file.

"Imprimere chartam."

The only thing left is to hand the parchment to Hollie and Haela will take care of the rest. Quickly, Acelina closes the file and makes her way to Percy's office to hand him the file. Acelina informs Percy it might be useful for the radio host to know there has been a Taboo curse placed onto Voldemort's name. Percy nods and reassures Acelina he will tell Haela before ushering her out with the remark she has her sister's wedding to focus on.

Cecilia's wedding is scheduled to be held on the 25th of December, Christmas morning. A few days ago, Edric has finally come home from Hogwarts, and Acelina has never been more relieved with his presence in the house.

"Acie!"

Edric beams when Acelina steps out of the fireplace. He is lounging on one of the sofas, his nose buried in a book. Her black-haired brother grins at her.

"Finally a sane person in the house. If I knew this wedding would be such a madhouse, I would have stayed at Hogwarts for the holidays."

Those words earn him a whack on his head with the nearest pillow and her brother starts chuckling.

"Acelina? Oh, thank Salazar, you're home!"

Their mother comes rushing in and Edric quickly buries his nose in the book he was reading, trying not to draw any attention to himself. Their mother has made him run around doing tasks every day and Edric has been complaining a lot. Acelina smiles at their mother who grabs her arms and starts rambling about some last-minute wedding preparations. Acelina rolls her eyes at Edric who laughs at her before her mother drags her out of the room.