Chapter 33

Acelina learns that this brother of Percy is called George. He introduces Acelina to one of his friends they encounter on their way to the nearest passageway. The name 'Lee Jordan' sounds familiar, but Acelina can't make the link immediately. As they check the second passage and Edric knocks out a Death Eater which makes Lee Jordan cheer, it hits Acelina.

"You are the radio host!" She exclaims, "Potterwatch, right?"

Lee laughs and nods, "That's me. You must be one of Shadow's accomplices."

"Mantis," Acelina says as she shakes the man's hand, "But Acelina is good."

George nudges his friend and gestures at Acelina. "Percy's apparent girlfriend."

The two shake a look and Lee snickers.

Another explosion sounds, closer this time, and it brings Acelina back to what they were doing.

The five of them check out all the secret passages. Most of them are completely new to Acelina who walked past the statues and tapestry plenty of times without knowing about the passage behind them. They encounter and battle Death Eater after Death Eater during their journey. Both Edric and Draco are recognized a few times, but the Death Eaters are knocked out before they can do anything.

On the second floor, their ways part. George really wants to find his brother and Acelina decides to check the corridors of the first floor to see if someone needs help there. Draco and Edric follow her.

When they round the corner leading to the stairs, they find themselves in the middle of the fighting going on. Acelina barely manages to block a curse sent her way and Edric has to jump aside as Peeves keeps dropping pots onto unsuspecting Death Eaters.

From the corner of her eyes, Acelina spots a young student cornered by a Death Eater. Without looking behind her what Edric and Draco are doing, Acelina sprints down the stairs towards the cornered student. She sends the Death Eater flying. From there on, Acelina ends up duelling two masked Death Eaters. She has lost Edric and Draco in the chaos and Acelina prays they make it out of the castle safe and sound.

Her fighting has led her near the giant front doors of the castle where Acelina sees her father in a duel with Professor Flitwick. Kingsley Shacklebolt is fighting another Death Eater nearby.

"Stupefy!" Acelina cries as another flash of light shoots through the air in the direction of her Head of House. She herself nearly avoids getting hit by a curse but someone else blocks it for her. The curse bounces of the shield and hits the hourglass recording Slytherin's house points. It shatters and Acelina has to protect her head as emeralds rain through the air.

The front doors burst open and gigantic spiders force their way into the castle. For a moment, Acelina is frozen on the spot. It doesn't last long, and she starts shooting spells at the creatures. The spells don't seem to be working and Acelina turns on her heels to get out of here. Before she can start running, she is grabbed from behind by one of the gigantic spiders. Acelina screams as she is being lift off the ground. Before the spider gets a chance to eat her, it gets hit and crumbles. The creature lets go of Acelina who falls onto the ground. A groan escapes her as a familiar pain shoots through her back.

A hand grabs her and forces her back onto her feet. Acelina is dragged to a safer corridor where someone pushes her into a secluded alcove. Acelina's vision is blurry and she can't make out the face of the person helping her. The person leaves her there and she is left alone.

People run past but nobody pays attention to her. She sits there in the alcove, her back hurting, as she waits for her vision to stop spinning when the voice from before in the Great Hall returns.