Epilogue

Five years later

"What time will Edric and Draco be here?" Acelina asks Percy when she enters their library. Percy is sitting at his desk in the middle of the room and hums noncommittally before focussing back on the stack of parchment in front of him. Acelina crosses the room and wraps her arms around his shoulders. Pressing a kiss on his cheek, she asks again: "Edric and Draco, dinner, what time?"

On the desk lays a proposal for new broomstick regulations and Acelina snickers. Percy remains silent and scratches out a line of writing from the list.

"I will ask Reesey then," Acelina sighs and presses another kiss on Percy's cheek. The man mutters something to himself as Acelina lets go of him. Suddenly, he seems to realise Acelina is beside him and looks up, "Sorry, what did you say?"

Acelina laughs, "Nothing, dear, nothing to worry about. How are the new regulations going?"

Percy rolls his eyes, "These new interns need to get a crash course in writing proposals. I might add a mandatory course in proposal writing to the curriculum for them."

With those words, he goes back to the parchment and Acelina chuckles. Percy has been Head of the Department of Magical Transportation since they wrapped up everything with the safe house and the Ministry after the war. It gives him a lot of work but both of them know Percy wouldn't want anything else and he almost always makes time for Acelina. Acelina herself had taken on the job at the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad before accepting the role of Head together with Lyra a year ago. Between the two of them, they managed to divide the workload since after the war there has been an increase in cases. They had gotten used to working together and Acelina had been relieved to share the job with someone she trusted. Both of them had learned a lot in the past years.

As Acelina leaves the library and summons the house-elf who tells her the couple will arrive in an hour and the rest will arrive later in time for dinner. It has been a monthly occurrence since the war was over and the Wizarding community had been recovering. Their group, plus Edric and Draco, meet up for dinner to keep in contact – even though they all live very close to each other and see each other often.

In the entrance hall, Acelina and Reesey bump into Haela who complains: "You are out of chai tea."

"You do not even live here," Acelina shoots back. Haela laughs and checks her appearance in one of the mirrors – Acelina can hear it tell Haela to rethink her outfit choices but the woman snorts and ignores the comment – "That is where you are wrong, Ace."

Since her parents disowned her and kicked her out – technically even since her father had caught her working behind his back – Acelina has been living together with Percy. At first, they lived in Percy's apartment in London while Acelina bought the land surrounding the safe house. Seeing they, too, were all hailed as war-heroes like the members of the Order, it had been an easy job – once you have an Order of Merlin First Class behind your name, a whole new world opens for you. Acelina and Percy had saved up and together with Acelina's share of the Yaxley fortune – she had received it before she was kicked out – they had their own house build.

It wasn't nearly as big as Yaxley Manor but it was large enough for them. Acelina had made sure there were enough guest rooms for people to stay over – something Haela used happily when she was between missions – and Percy had commissioned a small library where they could both work in peace. A large garden surrounded the house.

Hermione Granger, someone Acelina had met after the war in the social circles that catered all war-heroes, had worked hard to improve the lives of house-elves and when Acelina heard about the cause, she had contacted Edric who had offered Reesey the job. The house-elf had always been her favourite and the creature was overjoyed when Acelina offered her a job in their household. Reesey had declined any form of payment but Acelina made sure to set aside something every month so when the creature needed something, she could get it. Besides Reesey, they had several more house-elves in their employment – something Percy needed to get used to when they first moved into their house. Acelina remembers the first time her fiancée muttered the need of something out loud and his shock when a house-elf delivered it seconds later.