Chapter 1

After an awkward meeting between me and the mysterious pretty girl, I decided to take her to the village's chief who happens to be my grandfather.

"Ah! You are the girl that Mr Song talked about!" said my grandfather before wiping his sweaty face using the towel that he wrapped around his neck. The girl bowed and smiled at him.

"That is me. My name is Bae Joohyun," said the girl, bowing.

"Well then, I will go back to digging out potatoes," I said to my grandfather and was about to walk away when I felt him tugging on my sleeve. I turned to look at him and raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to say something as he was looking at me and then at Joohyun.

"Go and clean yourself — give Miss Bae a tour around the village," he said to me, and I looked at the Joohyun who was looking around while holding onto her luggage as if someone would come and steal it from her.

"I will be back," I said to them and rushed home. I didn't waste any second as I quickly get in the shower and cleaned myself. I am usually the type to take a nice, long shower that lasts around thirty minutes, but since I have to accompany someone to take a look around the village, I decided to take a quick shower.

I checked the time on my phone before leaving the house, and I was impressed by myself since I finished showering and getting ready in just twenty minutes — a new personal record.

***

"If you ever find yourself in need of something sweet, just come to this place," I said, pointing at the store behind us. It is a place where people around my age come to hang out.

"Um..."

"Yes, do you have anything to ask?" I asked, crossing my arms while flashing a soft smile.

"What's your name?" asked Joohyun, her voice was soft and almost inaudible.

"Oh, right! I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Kim Y/n, it's nice meeting you."

"It's nice to meet you, Y/n. As you may have heard when I spoke to your grandfather, my name is Joohyun — but you can call me Irene," said Joohyun while fixing her hair before someone called me.

"Y/n!"

I turned towards the voice to see who it was and saw Sejeong running towards us while smiling widely. She stopped once she was standing right in front of us. She turned towards Irene and bowed before introducing herself. "Hi, here! I am Kim Sejeong — Y/n's cousin but I prefer to be called his childhood friend," said Sejeong rather enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes and sighed softly, "that's true. She's my cousin but for some reason, she seems to prefer being addressed as Y/n's childhood friend rather than my cousin."

Irene chuckled and bowed at her, "it's nice to meet you, Sejeong. I'm Bae Joohyun, but you can call me Irene."

Sejeong nodded and looked at me, sticking her tongue out for no reason. I looked at her and scoffed, smacking the back of her head gently before looking at Irene who, for some reason was enjoying what she's witnessing.

"Anyways, we should head back now. It's getting late," Sejeong said, looking up at the orange sky. "Grandpa will get angry if we're late," she continued, and I looked at Irene.

"Wait, when you said we should head back, you don't mean —"

"Yes, silly! She's staying with us," said Sejeong, rolling her eyes.