Chapter 5

The two of them stayed like that for a few more minutes until Y/n finally decides to let go. "Are you still mad at me?" he asks hopefully while looking at Irene. She turned to face him with a small smile and shook her head before walking away.

"I'm not mad, alright? You just made me upset... you shouldn't scare me like that," said Irene with a soft voice and Y/n shook his head while chuckling. He watched her walk a few meters ahead of him for a while before finally catching up with her. He took her hand and smiled as they continue to make their way home. After walking for another fifteen minutes, they finally reached the house and without wasting any more time, they got inside, trying to hide from the scorching hot weather.

"Do you want to do it right now or do you want to rest for a while first?" asked Y/n, putting his cap away on the designated place before making his way to the kitchen. Irene was already at the kitchen, leaning against the counter while using her arms as support.

"I mean, if you want to begin immediately, I don't have any problem," replied Irene with a shrug. Y/n smiled at her and took the things they needed to make a cake out from the kitchen cabinet. "We start now then," said Irene while trying to tie her hair into a ponytail. Y/n, seeing the chance to show her how gentle he can be made his way towards Irene and took the hair tie from Irene and helped her tie her hair. The action by Y/n caught Irene off-guard and for some unexplainable reason, the way Y/n acts made Irene shy.

"T-thank you," Irene stuttered before looking at Y/n who was smiling at her while crossing his arms. They stared at each other for a good few seconds before finally deciding to start working on the birthday cake.

The session was filled with laughter and time sure flies so fast when good things happen. After a while, the only thing left to do was to decorate the cake and Irene was in charge of it meanwhile Y/n supervises her from the side. "Don't squeeze it too much," said Y/n as he watches how hard Irene was squeezing the piping bag. Irene looked over at Y/n and nodded, nervously trying to squeeze the piping bag as gentle as he could afterwards. Y/n snickered and stared at the red velvet cake that Irene was decorating.

"Don't laugh, it will make me nervous," said Irene, looking at Y/n with puppy eyes. Y/n immediately covers his eyes, trying to hide the fact that the action just made him nervous because of how cute Irene is while doing that.

"I'm going to take a shower first, alright? After you are done decorating, just put it inside the fridge," said Y/n as he pats Irene's head before going upstairs to his room to shower. While Y/n was taking a shower, Irene was still struggling to make the cake as pretty as possible. She didn't admit it but deep in her heart, she wants to impress not only Y/n but also his family.

However, she finally realizes that she hasn't asked Y/n how old his grandfather would be and what his name is. She put the piping bag she was holding on the counter and looked around the kitchen, trying to find perhaps an old document that might have Y/n's grandfather's name on it or something similar. She looked for almost half an hour but her search was met with nothing meanwhile, Y/n had just stepped out of the shower and Irene, thinking there's only one way left to find out made her way up the stairs to Y/n's room.

Irene stopped once she was in front of Y/n's room and took a deep breath before opening the door. "Hey, Y/n... I forgot to ask—" Irene's eyes can't go wider than how it is the moment she saw Y/n's bare body. Her cheeks start heating up at the sight as Y/n messily tried to cover his body and thankfully he had already put on a pair of pants the moment Irene barged into his room. "Oh my God, I'm sorry... I should've knocked," said Irene, reaching for the doorknob while covering her eyes using her other hand. Y/n was too shocked to even give a proper response.

"I... what... it's..." He quickly puts a white shirt on and made his way towards Irene, holding her wrist gently before looking confusedly at her. "It's alright, you can look now," he said after finally regaining himself. Irene slowly took her hand off her eyes and looked over at Y/n who was smiling gently at her. Irene was still dumbfounded by the sight just now and she stared at Y/n with wide eyes. Y/n chuckled and fixed her hair before wiping her sweat using the towel on his shoulder. After a few minutes, Irene could finally tell Y/n what she wanted to ask and the both of them went downstairs to the kitchen to work on the cake again.

After a while, the cake was done and they put it inside the fridge. "I'm going to take a shower first," said Irene before disappearing from the kitchen. Y/n watched her quietly before making his way to the living room, lying down while staring at the sky that was turning orange. He slowly closes his eyes and fell asleep afterwards but his rest didn't last long though as Irene woke him up. He looked at Irene who was smiling at him before getting up from the floor meanwhile Irene was busy drying her hair using a towel.

"Y/n..."

"Hmm?" Y/n hummed and looked over at Irene who sat down beside him and rest her head on his shoulder. Y/n was a little confused by her action but he just let her be before looking at the sky again.

"Remember that back hug?" She asked, looking at Y/n.

"Oh, you mean the back hug from a few hours ago?" Y/n replied, looking back at Irene who nodded and took her head off his shoulder. "What's with it?"

"Well... I thought it feels good and warm so..." Irene's cheeks start heating up just by the thought of asking Y/n to hug her again. She knows what she's thinking is not a good idea but right now, all she wants is someone who can comfort her. It was one of those random hours where people were overwhelmed by anxiety and need someone to calm their hearts and that's exactly what Irene was trying to do. "Can you..."

She didn't have to finish her words as Y/n knows immediately what she wants. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her shoulders before lying down on the floor with her. They stared at each other in silence for a while, only smiling and nothing else before Y/n said something, "you know... I never got this close to any women before but... it feels good..." he said and made the most cliché move ever by tucking a strand of hair that was covering her face behind her ear.

Irene smiled and snuggled closer to Y/n, up to where her head was touching Y/n's chest as she wraps her arms around Y/n's waist and closed her eyes. Again, she knows she's not supposed to be doing this but the butterflies in her belly proved otherwise. They soon fell asleep after cuddling and just then, Sejeong and the rest of Y/n's family arrived.

"We're home," Sejeong announced but received no response. The whole family started looking around the house only to find out Irene and Y/n were cuddling in the living room and they decided not to disturb their peaceful nap time.