Chapter 54

After his breakdown and calming down, Y/n took a shower and changed into a new pair of clothes, and by the time he stepped out of the guest room where he had been sleeping for the past six months, Manager Song, Irene, and Suho were in the living room, sitting on the couch, waiting for Y/n.

"I heard you are leaving today," Irene said, getting up from the couch.

Y/n sighed softly before nodding, "I am," he said before looking at her and then at Manager Song, who was the only person he talked to about leaving.

"I have to tell them, Y/n," Manager Song said softly before walking towards him, afraid that Y/n would be mad that he told anyone else about him leaving. "I hope you won't be mad at me for doing so."

Hearing what Manager Song said, Y/n laughed softly, "Manager Song, I could barely feel anything right now," he said before placing a hand on the former's shoulder, "and you were expecting me to be angry at you for telling them?"

Manager Song smiled softly before looking down to the floor, "Y/n..." he sighed, looking at Irene and Suho, "take care on the road, okay? Don't let your emotions overwhelm you while driving," he advised before they hugged.

Suho got up from the couch and approached Y/n as well, "feel free to call us if you need anything, Y/n," he said once Y/n broke the hug with Manager Song. The latter nodded at Suho's words before shaking his hand and finally turning his attention to Irene, watching them with a soft smile.

"We will try our best to talk to Wendy to give you one more chance," she said, pursing her lips afterward.

Y/n shook his head, "it's alright... If she doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore..." he took a deep breath before giving them a half smile, "so be it," he added before earning a warm hug from Irene.

They hugged for a few seconds before breaking it, with Irene starting to tear up while Y/n tried his best to prevent his sadness from taking over. He pursed his lips, looking down at the floor before finally facing them, clearing his throat. "I'll see you guys," he waved before looking at Irene.

"Take care of yourself, noona. Keep what I told you in mind," he told her.

Irene chuckled softly before shaking her head, "I told you not to call me noona, didn't I? It makes me feel old," she exclaimed, earning a chuckle from Y/n as a response.

After five more minutes, it was finally time for Y/n to leave. He grabbed his luggage and dragged it to the front door, "see you," he waved at the three before walking out, sighing heavily as he walked through the hallway.

When he approached the elevator, he was about to press the button when it opened, and Wendy stepped out of it. They stared at each other momentarily before the latter looked away and walked past him, barely looking at Y/n.

"I'm leaving," Y/n said to her, "I mean... not that it matters to you."

Wendy cleared her throat before nodding – although she wasn't there to see him, a part of her didn't want him to leave, and if it weren't for their breakup, he would've asked him to stay. "Drive safe," she briefly reminded before walking away.

"Thanks," Y/n nodded before stepping into the elevator. He watched as Wendy continued to walk toward Manager Song's unit. Once the elevator door closed, he sighed and leaned against the wall.

***

Arriving at the parking lot, he walked towards Wendy's M8, pausing momentarily as he looked at the key in his hand, wondering if it was okay for him to keep driving the car, especially now that they've broken up.

After a while, though, he sighed and unlocked the car before putting his luggage in the back seat and stepping into the driver's seat, starting the car as he stared at the steering wheel, clenching it – he composed himself before finally driving away.

The drive from Seoul to his hometown was a long journey, and needless to say, Y/n collapsed in his bed as soon as he got home – he didn't even bother taking his luggage out of the car.

Sejeong and Y/n's mother, Lina sat in the dining room, and after seeing the spark that was usually on her son's face absent, Lina turned to Sejeong, "is he okay?"

"Hmm? What was that?" Sejeong asked, blinking a few times before looking at Lina and spacing herself before clearing her throat.

Lina sighed softly, "I mean, Y/n... what's wrong with him?"

Sejeong looked at the stairs and then at Lina before sighing, "right, I haven't told you, have I?" she said before leaning against her seat, crossing her arms.

"Tell me what?"

"Y/n and Wendy... they... they broke up," Sejeong said, much to Lina's surprise.

Lina looked at her in disbelief, "they broke... since when?" she asked, shaking her head.

"Six months ago," Sejeong told her before telling Lina everything that Irene and Suho had told her.

Later that night, Y/n finally woke up from his nap, and he looked around his room before stretching – it was dark and drizzling outside. He got up from his bed and took his phone from the bedside table – there were a few missed calls from Manager Song, Suho, and Irene.

Y/n took a deep breath before texting them, saying he got home safely. After sending the text to them, he opened the conversation between Wendy and him – their last texts were from six months ago when he asked for her to meet at the café.

After much contemplation, Y/n braved himself and sent a text to her, "hey, I just got home... not that you care, but I just feel like I should tell you..." but after the text was sent (much to his surprise, as he expected her to block him at this point), he sent another text, "Don't worry... your car is fine."

He stared at the messages for a while – waiting for the 'delivered' to turn into 'read,' but his attention shifted to his door when it was knocked. Y/n put his phone on the bedside table before opening the door.

Despite the darkness in his room, Y/n navigated his way to the door, memorizing its layout before reaching the door. "Who is there?" he asked.

"It's me, your mother," Lina's voice rang from the other side before Y/n sighed, opening the door to let his mother in.

Y/n closed the door once Lina was inside, and he turned the light on, "what is it, mom?" he asked softly.

Lina looked around his room before facing him, "how are you feeling, Y/n?" she asked, smiling softly.

"I'm fine," Y/n replied before shrugging, "I mean, aside from the exhaustion after the long drive, I'm totally fine."

Lina shook her head – it wasn't the answer she wanted from Y/n, "how are you really, Y/n?"

Y/n looked at her with a confused smile, "I don't..." he sighed, "mom, I'm fine, okay? I really am... I just..." he shook his head and crossed his arms, leaning against the door. "I just need some more rest, and then, I will be...."

Before he could finish, Lina shook her head and walked towards her son, giving him a tight warm hug – precisely what he needed. "I am your mother, Y/n – I know when you are not feeling okay, and right now, you are not feeling it."

"What do you mean? I feel totally fine," Y/n said, trying to play it tough.

Lina shook her head and tapped his back gently, "Sejeong told me about you and Wendy," she said softly before looking up at his son with a soft smile, "I'm here for you, son, so please, tell me how you honestly feel right now."

Y/n looked back at his mom, his eyes tearing up as he couldn't hold it any longer. He smiled shakily before shaking his head – after a few seconds, he sobbed before shaking his head, "I feel like shit, mom."