Chapter 22.5

Your Point of View

I looked at Wendy as she said those words to my mother – I never thought she would be willing to do that for me. Now I feel guilty for taking this matter lightly.

"Wendy..."

She looked at me, smiling before shaking her head, "don't worry, Y/n."

My mom walked towards us before putting her hands on Wendy's shoulders, "are you sure you are willing to let yourself get hurt for Y/n's sake?"

There was a silence that followed my mother's question, and Wendy didn't take her eyes off her. I looked at them before sighing softly – I finally decided to break the building silence, "let's return to the kitchen. Sejeong might be struggling alone," I said before pulling Wendy out of the living room.

We went to the kitchen afterwards, where Sejeong was looking in our direction worriedly. "Is everything alright?" she asked.

"Yeah, yeah... everything is alright," I replied.

That night, Wendy and I decided to just chill in my room (no, we didn't do anything dirty, okay?).

"The thing that you said to my mother...." I started, resting my hand on her cheek – we were lying on my bed facing each other. "...are you going to go through all that for me?" I added as I caressed her cheek.

Wendy smiled and placed her hand on top of mine, nodding. "I am serious, Y/n."

I sighed softly before scooting closer to her and kissing her forehead, "it feels like I'm the bad guy for making you do such a decision," I said, staring into her eyes.

"Don't worry," she shook her head. "I didn't do it because of the situation we were in a while ago...."

"Then why..."

Wendy took a deep breath before staring back at me, "I might sound selfish for saying this but..." she cleared her throat, "I really wish that it would be that you choose in the end."

I didn't say anything after that, and she was staring at me as if waiting for me to respond – honestly, I didn't know what to say; I didn't want to end up giving her fake hope.

"It's fine, Y/n...." Wendy hummed, "I know that in the end, it's up to you. All I could do was show you I am sincere with my feelings for you."

I don't know how long I would need before I can decide, but I do know that it wouldn't be easy – even though Irene was supposedly out of the picture, I always thought that somehow, something was being planned for us by Him.

"I know Irene...."

Before Wendy could say anything about Irene, I shut her up by kissing her. It didn't take her long to return the kiss – it lasted until we ran out of air, but it was more like I was the one running out of air since I know, as a singer, Wendy's lung capacity was bigger than mine.

"Don't bring up Irene when she is not present, Wendy. You are the only one here, so we should be talking about you and me," I said after breathing correctly.

Wendy giggled and snuggled even closer, "if I do that, will you shut me up by kissing me again?" she asked, looking up at me.

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around her waist, "would you like me to do that every time you bring up Irene when it's only the two of us?"

She hummed, "maybe?"

"Silly..." I mumbled before kissing her head. "Now get some rest. You must be tired from your drive here."

Wendy nodded and rested her head against my chest, "good night, Y/n."

"Good night, Wendy."