Chapter 6

Y/n was the first to open his eyes and he started to look around the room. It was already nighttime the moment he woke up and he looked beside him only to see Irene sleeping peacefully while snoring lightly. Not wanting to wake her up, Y/n quietly reached for a pillow and lifted Irene head, slowly sliding the pillow under her head. He rested her head on the pillow gently before getting up. There was no one else in the house besides the two of them, proof being the only lit room was the living room they are currently in.

Y/n slowly made his way to the kitchen and walked towards the fridge, seeing a small note on the fridge's door. He took it and read it quietly.

'Y/n, we are going out to celebrate grandpa's birthday. Don't blame me for leaving you and Irene behind. It was your mother's idea. Also, the cake was delicious! Grandpa ate a lot so don't worry... Also, we saved some for you and Irene. Have fun!'

Y/n let out a soft chuckle before putting the note on the counter. He opened the fridge and saw the cake. A small smile formed on his face with the thought of his family eating a cake baked by Irene. She would be happy to know they ate the cake... was what Y/n was thinking while making his way back to the living room. Seeing that Irene was still asleep on the floor, he decided to sit beside her while quietly watching her sleep. Sure, it might sound creepy but Y/n wasn't looking at Irene with nasty ideas in his head.

He looked at the time on the wall afterwards and noticed that it was already thirty minutes past seven o'clock.

"Irene..." Y/n called out, looking at Irene while shaking her body gently. Irene let out a small whining before covering her face using the pillow. "Hey, wake up..." said Y/n gently before shaking her body a little stronger. "It's dinner time..." said Y/n again and after a while, Irene finally take her face off the pillow. She slowly opened her eyes and looked over at Y/n, still half-asleep.

"Hi," Y/n waved at her before chuckling. Irene huffed and buried her face on the pillow again before letting out a sigh.

"How long was I asleep for?" asked Irene.

Y/n shrugged and looked at the time. He wasn't exactly sure how long they were asleep for as they fell asleep almost at the same time but he knows for sure they slept long enough for Sejeong and the rest of his family to get ready to go out without notifying them. "Probably a few hours..." said Y/n in the end.

Irene quickly raised her head and looked at Y/n in shock. "Oh, Lord! Did you prepare the meals without me? I'm sorry, Y/n! I should've helped you!" she said and fixed her hair before trying to get up. Y/n was amused by how quirky Irene was acting and held her shoulders right before she could get up.

"Don't worry... I haven't started cooking, yet... And besides, you don't have to help with anything. You are here to clear your mind, aren't you? So chill out and let me do the works..." Y/n says.

Irene shook her head and sighed softly, "still... I don't think it's appropriate for me to just sit around not helping you guys," she stated and looked around the room. "But wait... where are the others?" She asked after finally realizing that they were the only ones in the living room. Sejeong usually hangs around in the living room at this hour so it was quite weird for Irene who had just woken up and notices the absence of someone who she's used to seeing in the living room... even though she has only lived with them for a few days.

"Stop feeling guilty... and the others are out in the town," said Y/n as he gets on his feet and pulled Irene up with him. They made their way to the kitchen and started cooking what they will be eating for dinner.

"Also, they liked the cake you baked," said Y/n while looking at Irene with a proud smile. Irene looked at him as well and smiled after hearing what just came out of Y/n's mouth. Irene's smile was plastered on her face the whole time they were making dinner. She was happy and proud of herself for being able to bake something that people would enjoy.

"Well... I can't take all the credit for myself. You helped me too," Irene said to Y/n and the latter shook his head before patting Irene's head. The gesture caused a faint blush to form on Irene's cheeks.

"It was all you, Irene. I was barely a supervisor."

They stared at each other for a moment before the boiling stew snapped them out of whatever thought they had. "I think it's ready now," said Y/n as he took the stew from the stove and prepared the meal for both him and Irene meanwhile Irene prepare the table.

Once they were seated at the dining table, all that was left to do is to eat and that's what they do. They were quiet during the dinner but it didn't last long as Sejeong and the others arrived. "We are home!" Sejeong announced their arrival from the front door. Irene put her spoon down and wiped her mouth using a tissue before rushing to welcome them at the front door. Y/n on the other hand stayed at the dining table and continues to eat in silence.

"Oh, look at them! They are having a romantic dinner!" said Sejeong once she entered the room. She looked at Y/n with a huge smile meanwhile the latter decided to ignore her. It's not worth it to argue with her as she would just overreact with whatever Y/n has to say.

"We saved some in case you guys are still hungry," said Irene, who was sitting down across Y/n to Y/n's mother who was in the kitchen area.

"My... she's so thoughtful and kind. Y/n, why don't you just ask her out already? I can tell you guys are the perfect two!" said Y/n's grandmother and her words almost made Y/n chokes on his food. Irene on the other hand had a small smile on her face hearing what came out of Y/n's grandmother's mouth as she continues to eat.

"I think that's something Irene and I should discuss in private," said Y/n in response to his grandmother's statement.

After they had their dinner, Y/n went to the rooftop to chill meanwhile Irene was in her room. She has her phone in her hands and she was contemplating something that made her heave a heavy sigh. She looked at her phone screen and then at the wall. She typed something on her phone and stared at it for a while...

'I'm sorry... I don't think this is working... I want to break up...'

She deleted the text and stared at her phone screen in silence before turning it off and putting it down on her bed. She left her room and made her way to the rooftop to try and calm her mind. She was surprised to see Y/n sitting there already. A small smile formed on her face as she sits beside him and rest her head on his shoulder.

"Oh... Irene..." he smiled and looked at the sky after realizing it was her. They were quiet for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence. Irene took a deep breath and lifted her head before placing a peck on Y/n's cheek. It was uncalled for and it caused Y/n to blush. He looked at Irene with his eyes wide open and asked, "what was that...?"

Irene giggled and looked away. "That's for helping me..." she said and looked at Y/n again. "And this... is for the affections you gave me..." she placed her hand on Y/n's cheeks and pulled him for a kiss. It wasn't something Y/n was expecting but it was enjoyed by Y/n. A few seconds into the kiss, Y/n finally kissed back and he cupped Irene's cheeks as well.

There wasn't any doubt in Irene anymore when she kissed Y/n but she still knows that she's still in a relationship with Suho but that wasn't enough to stop Irene.

And just like that... another night passed in the small village