Chapter 57

Later that night, they had their dinner over at Y/n's place, and the dining table was filled with laughter, something that had been absent for the past few months, but now that Y/n had regained his color, the usual banters between the cousins filled the dining table.

Y/n got to know Wendy's parents a little more that night, but after talking to them until 8 p.m., he excused himself from the dining table and left his mother to speak with his girlfriend's parents as the couple decided to take another walk through the village.

"I'm glad things worked out for the better in the end," Wendy said, walking with her boyfriend.

Y/n looked at her before nodding, "although I did hurt you," he sighed, holding her hand tighter.

Wendy chuckled and looked at him, "are you still not over it?" she asked before lightly bumping into Y/n, resting her head against his shoulder afterward, "I told you it's fine, didn't I? – Besides, it only hurts because I was confused with your decision then," she added.

"I know, but still – I can't get over the fact that I hurt you," Y/n replied.

"There you go again," Wendy playfully rolled her eyes before walking ahead of him, turning around to look at him while walking backward, "you better stop feeling guilty about something you didn't mean to do, Y/n, or I will not talk to you for the next three days."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "only three days?"

Wendy raised her eyebrows in disbelief, scoffing. "Oh – you are right! Why stop at three days, when I can start ignoring you from this point on?" she retorted before turning on her heel, walking faster.

"Wendy, you will trip if you don't slow down," Y/n chuckled as he tried to catch up with his girlfriend, who only increased her pace as her boyfriend approached her. "Wendy~ Baby~" Y/n called in a singsong way, but it only made Wendy walk faster, but there was a hint of amusement on her face, and she couldn't help but smile at how she was being called.

Y/n shook his head before running after Wendy, hugging her from behind, "got you!"

Wendy gasped at the sudden contact, but she quickly played along with him, "Ah – help me! Get this guy away from me," she playfully cried out, but she eventually started to laugh as Y/n carried her effortlessly.

"Gosh, baby, you are light as a feather," Y/n exclaimed, and Wendy turned around in the hug, looking at him with a smile, her hands cupping his cheeks. "You didn't eat enough, did you?"

"Hmm... I've always been light, Y/n," Wendy replied, tilting her head.

Y/n looked at her skeptically before kissing her softly, "that's the problem with you, idols," he said disapprovingly while shaking his head.

Wendy hummed, "what do you mean?"

Y/n stared at her for a while before shaking his head, "nah, never mind. Just know that as long as we are dating, I'm making sure you are well-fed," he exclaimed with a smile before looking around them, his smile growing wider as he realized where they were.

"Hey, do you remember this road?" he asked, breaking the hug with Wendy.

Wendy looked around them, and after a few minutes, she looked at Y/n while smiling, "oh yeah," she nodded before crossing her arms, "this was where I tried to take you home after you were devastated by the fact that Irene and Suho were dating."

Y/n cleared his throat before looking down at the ground in embarrassment, "yeah, now that you put it that way..." he chuckled awkwardly before shaking his head, "it made me sound childish," he added before looking at Wendy, who was enjoying the reaction from Y/n on the teasing.

"But we don't have to bring that up, okay?" Y/n said while chuckling awkwardly.

Wendy scoffed, "oh, trust me babe, I will always bring it up so long as you keep talking about how you hurt me and whatnot," she exclaimed before walking closer to him, "besides, that moment holds a special place in my head, because..."

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "because..."

"We also shared our first kiss that night," Wendy continued before tiptoeing to peck his lips.

The kiss sent Y/n into a brief moment of euphoria before he snapped back to reality, "oh, yeah... that's right... we shared the kiss there," he said, pointing at the old shed a few meters from them – although it was in the worst condition than it already was when they took shelter there.

"I'm surprised it still stands even after all these months," Wendy exclaimed, sighing contentedly before crossing her arms.

Y/n nodded before crossing his arms, "as long as that shed still stands, I will always love you," he said confidently, looking at Wendy with a huge smile.

Wendy raised an eyebrow, "oh yeah? What if it collapses? What then?"

"Well," Y/n shrugged, "I guess that would be the end of our love then," he said jokingly before looking at the shed, and as if God was playing with them, the old shed collapsed, much to Y/n's surprise.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Wendy chuckled before looking at Y/n, "well, I guess this is it, mister. Our love ends here," she said teasingly before bowing to him, "it's been a pleasure," she added before walking back in the direction they came from.

Y/n chuckled before looking at Wendy, "baby, where are you going?"

Wendy shook her head, "I'm sorry – I don't know who you are talking to. I don't know anyone by the name 'baby'," she replied before walking faster.

"Haha – very funny," Y/n rolled his eyes before going after her, "slow down, baby," he called as he walked closely behind her.

"Nu-uh, still doesn't ring a bell," Wendy shook her head again while smiling teasingly – her walking pace only getting faster as she looked over her shoulder to see if Y/n was still following her.

Y/n groaned before running up to her, finally walking at a similar pace as his girlfriend, "you are not slowing down, are you?"

Wendy shook her head, "nope, no plan on slowing down," she said to Y/n, winking before running ahead of him, chuckling.

"Baby – are you serious?" Y/n asked, standing there in disbelief at Wendy's playfulness.

Wendy continued to run as she yelled, "as Harrison Wells said to Barry, 'run, Barry, run.'" She finished her words by laughing excitedly as she waited for Y/n to catch up to her.

Meanwhile, Sejeong and Manager Song sat on the veranda while enjoying the cool night breeze, "so... it works out between Y/n and Wendy in the end," Sejeong said, sighing softly before looking at the latter.

Manager Song nodded before crossing his arms, looking at the stars before looking at Sejeong with a smile, "yeah – but what about us?" he asked, tilting his head.

Sejeong looked at him in surprise, "I'm sorry, what was that?"

Before Manager Song could say anything, they heard Y/n and Wendy's voices ringing from the front gate, "oh, they are here," he said quickly before getting up and entering the living room.

"Hey, what do you mean by that?" asked Sejeong, getting up from the floor as well as she followed him back inside.