Chapter 70

Lina looked up from the floor as she turned towards her son, girlfriend, and Sejeong, who looked at them in confusion.

"Y/n, Wendy..." she said, a small smile forming on her face as her eyes landed on her niece, "and Sejeong too," she continued before getting up from her seat and approaching them. She sighed and crossed her arms, "It's Sang-Il..."

Sejeong's brows furrowed, "what's with him?"

Lina shook her head, "he wouldn't eat his meal no matter how many times we asked him," she explained as she looked over her shoulder at the door of Sang-Il's room. "We were hoping that you..." she looked at Sejeong again and paused briefly before clearing her throat, "we were hoping you would be able to help."

As she heard what Y/n's mom said, Sejeong looked at her father's room, crossing her arms before thinking for a while – she was hoping to be able to talk with him today, but she never expected that the opportunity would mean leaving her and her father in the hospital room alone. After a few seconds, Sejeong nodded, "I will try," she said before looking at her cousin and his girlfriend and then at her aunty.

While Sejeong entered her father's room, Y/n, Wendy, and Lina joined the former's grandparents at the seat outside the hospital room – Mr. Kim's face lit up as he saw his grandson joining them.

"What changed Sejeong's mind?" asked Mr. Kim as soon as Y/n sat beside him – the former had saw Sejeong enter the room, but he didn't get to ask since she looked determined and focused, and he didn't want to distract her or change her mood for that matter.

Y/n hummed and leaned against the steel chair, crossing his arms, "I don't know – I mean, I did asked her to give Sang-Il a visit, but that's about it. She didn't say outright that she would be coming with us," he explained while looking at his grandfather, who nodded understandingly.

"Then what about Seungwan... what brought you here today?" Mr. Kim asked with a soft smile, looking at Wendy.

Wendy, spacing out, didn't hear the question, so Y/n gently nudged her to the side. The former quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her boyfriend, humming before Y/n gestured to her that his grandfather asked a question. "Huh, what was that?" asked Wendy, chuckling awkwardly as she looked at Mr Kim.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention..." she continued awkwardly while scratching her head, embarrassed.

Mr. Kim laughed at her answer before waving his hands slightly and shaking his head. "Don't worry – I was just wondering what brought you here?" he repeated.

Wendy smiled and nodded, "oh..." she looked at Y/n and then at his grandfather, "Y/n asked me if I wanted to come with him here," she explained. "And I said yes – I figured we should take over on watching Sejeong's father," she continued, and her boyfriend couldn't help from widening his eyes at the impromptu plan.

"Oh, is that right, Y/n?" asked Mr. Kim, looking at his grandson with a wrinkled smile.

Y/n, still flustered from the plan made by Wendy, nodded, and cleared his throat, "oh, yes – you guys should get some rest," he said before getting up from the chair, taking his phone out of his pocket before smiling sheepishly.

"I will give Manager Song a call to pick you guys up," he said before dialing the girls' manager, looking at his family with a soft smile before walking a few meters away from the others to talk privately with Manager Song.

After a few seconds, the call connected, and Y/n started to talk.

"Oh, hey, Manager Song... sorry for disturbing you..."

"It's okay, Y/n. What's wrong?"

Y/n looked over his shoulder at the others before continuing. "If you don't mind, can you come to the hospital and pick up my mom and grandparents? I figured it's time we switch places with them on watching over your girlfriend's dad."