5.

____________________________

The King is Unfathomable.

The moons light was quite brighter that night as it shined upon them, treating them as if they were some lovers meant to be. To Taehyung, it felt like time itself had stopped for them.
Their eyes were locked into each other; it was an intense stare-down.
Seeing the rage in Jungkook's eyes, Taehyung cowered with fear.

'I'm ruined. Why did he have to find me?...He really looks handsome in the moonlight...No! Taehyung, focus!'

"Your Ma -" His voice got caught in his throat. "Ha ha. Um...I can explain this situation, Your Majesty."

The King put him down on his feet.

"Thank you for saving me." He smiled nervously. "I was not trying to escape. It's actually quite funny, so what happened was -"

As he raised his hand to scratch the back of his neck, the book fell down with a thud.

Both of them looked at it.

Oh, shit! The erotic book! No! I have to get it!

Taehyung quickly bent down to pick up the book, but the King's reflexes were much quicker. He was the hero after all. With the book in his hand, he flipped through the pages.

Taehyung bit his lip in horror, freaking internally.

The King, however, showed nothing. He let out a heavy sigh and closed the book. Clearly, he hated it.

Taehyung forced out a laughter. "Haha. Your Majesty, I can explain."

The King moved his eyes away. Turning on his heel, he started walking away before flashing Taehyung a look that made him regret his decision.

The King looked sad and disappointed. This turmoil of emotions puzzled him. It made him feel like he had broken the King's trust. Logic could no longer be applied in a case that required feelings.

Is he sad? Or is he mad? Darn it. He even took the book with him.

Wait! He caught me trying to get out of this place yet didn't say a word. Does this mean I can leave? Should I? No?

Ugh! Why do I feel guilty?

The clouds had hidden the moon. The light disappeared. Taehyung was left standing in the dark.

***

At the crack of dawn, Taehyung was up and ready for a brand new day. He had chosen to leave the past behind though the bad thing happened just last night. He had decided to face the King with a smile and pretend that the incident last night had never taken place.

After running away from doing chores, he walked around in search of the King who was nowhere to found.

Oh! I can just go visit him in the room! Haha. Silly me. Why didn't I think of it before?

Off he went only to get chased away by the soldiers.

"You cannot come and meet the King as you please!"

"Who do you think you are?"

"Go away or I will kick you hard!"

Admitting defeat, he gave up and went for a leisurely stroll, only to come across a group of pretty maid servants chatting among themselves.

"You seem to be in a good mood." Jihyo said, giving a nudge to Nayeon. "Is this a new dress you're wearing?"

"I am. But it is not because of the dress." Nayeon replied, placing a strand of stray hair behind her ear.