17.

__________________

Wildest Dreams.

Kim Taehyung was dreaming; and his dreams revealed his hearts deepest desire.

Having already planned a to-do list for his future, it only made sense that he would be dreaming about it - instead, he was dreaming of something, or someone else entirely.

And he liked it.

He liked it when this person's deep brown eyes stared at him, longingly as if he was the only one meant to be with him. Like they were written to be together. He liked it when the boy placed his hand on his cheek, caressing the wound left to scar on his skin, like he was some fragile porcelain doll. A mere touch sending fire throughout his body, wanting for more. He felt his breathing get hard, and he was content when he saw that it wasn't just him feeling the spark rising in the air.

No, it couldn't be mistaken. This boy yearned for him too.

The boy smiled at him, and Taehyung's heart did a double-take. As the boy moved his face closer, knowing what comes next, Taehyung closed his eyes and waited for their lips to touch. But the kiss never happened.

He lost his patience.

Wondering what was taking so long, Taehyung opened his eyes and was taken aback seeing the person who had once been smiling at him so warmly, now had a scowl across his face, twisting his handsome features. His eyes gleaming with hatred.

Jungkook glared at him. "Did you really think I would kiss the very person who turned me into a joke?! Disgusting!"

Taehyung's heart sunk. Before he could plead his case, a hand gripped onto his shoulder and flipped his around.

Namjoon was glaring at him too. "Now you know how His Majesty feels about you."

"Wait. Let me speak to him..." Taehyung was only saying when Namjoon gave him a harsh shake and shouted, "Leave this place right now!"

Kim Taehyung woke up with a start. He clutched onto his chest, feeling his heart pounding hard inside his ribs.
He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. Then, he sat up straight, wiped away the sweat-beads on his forehead onto his sleeve.

The room still remained empty and eerily quiet like before when he had returned to the palace with Namjoon.

Outside, the sky had turned a darker shade of purple, and the once white clouds were starting to become a faded grey color. As the wind rustled the trees, birds took flight, flying in pretty patterns, calling out to each other to go back to their nests.

Taehyung couldn't believe he had slept through the whole afternoon. After what he went through the day, he was tired. But, it wasn't because of the fight at the shop. Hell, he never ran from a fight, and he always won.

He looked down at his knuckles which were bruised like violets. He blew on them softly to ease the stinging.

"What a terrible dream." He muttered.

Remembering the so-called terrible dream, he felt slightly shy and admitted that the first half of the dream was actually quite nice. It was the second half that dreaded him the most.

Namjoon's voice from his dream rang in his ears, "Leave this place!"

He wished he could believe that it wasn't true, but the luggage at the door spoke for reality itself. It was the very same one he had packed immediately after giving in to Namjoon's stupid plan.

Stupid, yes, but it would work.

Taehyung let out a deep, sorrowful sigh. He really was leaving this place, and there was nothing he could do about it. As the sun set over the horizon, Taehyung became gloomier. He knew he had to leave soon.