12.

_____________

Downpour.

Thick dark clouds had blotted out the stars. In the darkness of his room, the Prince laid wide awake, solemn. His thoughts overcrowded his mind. With each breath he took, he grew anxious, and it made him unable to fall asleep.

Outside, it had stopped raining.

"I. Will. Wait. For. You."

The words kept playing in his head, and Taehyung's face when he had said those words to him - looking so promising, showing a bright smile.

Tsk. And I believed him.

His eyes fell on the twinkling object placed tidily on the surface of a tiny cabinet.

His voice came out deep. "I can't believe I bought that." A heavy breath escaped his lips. Facing the other side, he closed his eyes shut tightly.

All those times when he had embraced so many lovers, he didn't need to think about loving them but only about the physical touch and sensations between them to reach the heights of ecstacy. It was pure lust, nothing more. He could've fallen for any of them, instead here he was getting drawn to a boy whom he had never intented to get attracted to in the first place.

As he got lost in his thoughts, he heard a loud thud from outside. Thinking it must've been some animal, he ignored it. Eventually, he fell asleep.

***

Soon it was morning, and his entire room bathed in sunlight. The Prince got dressed, and after having a light breakfast brought in by a servant, he grabbed his fan and left.

For the first time ever - because of his own decision and not by force - Jimin stepped foot in his brother's palace. Fanning himself lightly, he wandered about in hopes of running into Taehyung.

Which he ultimately did.

He spotted a group of junior eunuchs around a tree, staring up, looking scared and cautious. Jimin wondered what was going on. Then, he heard a loud shout for help from the figure perched on one of the branches.

It was Taehyung.

Jimin chuckled, shaking his head with a look that said he had expected nothing more than this. His eyes fixed on Taehyung as he approached the group.

"Is this a new hobby?" Jimin asked with a teasing smile.

"Oh! It's the Prince!" Beomgyu uttered.

"Ssshh!" Yeonjun hissed at him.

In the presence of the Prince, the juniors immediately fell silent, their heads bowed with respect.

There was a scoff from above them.

"Why are you so scared of him?" Taehyung commented, sitting on the tree with one leg dangling off the branch. "The Prince is but a simple man like the rest of us!"

Hearing such words directed towards a royal, the juniors were in horror.

A laugh escaped the Prince's lips. "Only a person in his right mind would be afraid of a royal."

"Are you calling me retarded?" came an angry shout from above.

Jimin turned his attention to the five boys. "Do you not have other work to do?"

"Umm...yes, we do." Taehyun nodded.

"No." Beomgyu whispered innocently. Yeonjun quickly shut him up by placing his hand on Beomgyu's mouth.