How to Chase a Royalty.

BOOK ONE.

"I love you without knowing
how, or when, or from where."

- Pablo Neruda

____________

Prologue...

His name was Kim Taehyung. Talkative by nature, he was a flower boy with a lovely smile. A social butterfly. Beloved by all, he had always been Mr. Popular.
Born with good looks, he was a natural charmer.

One could swear he had no flaws.

But, he did.

Being only human, he made mistakes. Also, he was a little irresponsible and clumsy.

Slightly a troublemaker.

Then again, just because he was into mischief did not mean he was dumb. Having an IQ of 156, he was determined to be a surgeon in the advancing society.
Because of his hard work and strong focus, he gets accepted into the most prestigious university in Korea.

Everyone was happy. There was even a small party thrown for him by his parents where only close friends and family were invited.

"There's going to be a doctor in the family!"

The boy aced through his first year, ranking among one of the top three students. However, before he could even pass his second year, tradegy struck.

Recently turned 21, the model student, got into an accident. His life crumbled.

The sirens blared. The bleeding youth was rushed to the hospital. His consciousness slowly leaving him. The pain in his body was killing him. There was a ringing sound in his ears. He couldn't speak, couldn't move, only his tears gave away his feelings. His breathing was shallow and his heart rate was declining.

Was this to be his fate? Death? What exactly had he done wrong to receive such punishment? Was the heavens going to take him for studying too hard and working hard?

He wanted to laugh mockingly at his destiny.

His chest tightened and it got difficult to inhale every second. He felt like he was drowning. All alone, no one could hear his cries to live. He was afraid of the depth of the darkness pulling him further and further away from the surface, from the light. He was fading.

From a distance, he heard faint cries. Then, a voice spoke. It was his mother. "Breathe. Darling, you have to breathe. Listen to me. Please, my son."

Hearing his mother's pleas, the body that had started to let go of life, gathered every inch of the strength left inside to free the organ that helped him respire.

He gave it his all. One last time. He breathed.

***

Author's Note:

Forgive me for being away for too long. I had personal issues that I needed to solve, and also I was undergoing treatment for my sickness. And, it was terrible.
I had mostly given up on writing. But, these words and sentences kept coming to me, and I realized I would go crazy if I didn't write it down.
Now, I don't know anything about Korea's history or even about the Joseon era, understand that this story was written for enjoyment.
I hope you do enjoy my story which is purely fiction.