10.

_______________________________

What's wrong with Mr. Kim?

It was like one of those scenes you see in romance dramas - that slow-mo moment - where the light summer breeze passes by whilst petals fall down gracefully.

The intensity of the eye-contact made Taehyung want to explode. His pulse became fast, and his breathing irregular. Under that steady gaze of the King, his fragile heart melted away like icecream.

"Taehyung, your face is all flushed. Are you alright?" Hoseok asked worriedly.

"..."

"Say something."

"..."

Since the King had stopped listening to the heroine and was gazing over in the distance, curiosity filled her. Turning her head, she glanced over at the direction the King was staring at. She found out what had caught the King's attention.

And, obviously, she hated it. Her eyes narrowed.

"Taehyung, yah!" Hoseok was calling.

But the boy was in a state of panic. His thoughts were running wild. His legs felt like jelly, as if it would give away any second.
Finally, when he could handle it no more, he chose to do what any normal man would do under such pressure. It was something he did best in times of situations such as this one.

Oh, whatever! He fled the scene.

***

Kim Taehyung ran as fast as those long legs of his could take him; wheezing past eunuchs and cute maid-servants who waved at him. Sorry, ladies. Today, he was stopping for no one.

Once he felt safe and away from that -sort of- uncomfortable situation, he came to a halt to catch his breath. Panting, he put his hand over his chest to feel his heart beat. It was still racing faster than ever.

Since he was a medical student, he had learnt all about what was normal and what was not in the human body - from the heart rate to its different layers of muscles, he knew it all.

This was definitely abnormal.

The poor boy couldn't fathom what was going on with him.

It's only arrhythmia. He thought, trying to calm himself down. What else can it be?

If only there was someone to save him.

Just then, he heard his name being called. "Taehyung!"

Looking over his shoulder, he saw Hoseok running towards him with a concerned look on his face.

Taehyung was touched by his show of affection. "Hoseok, my friend!" He smiled brightly waving at him as he jumped with joy up and down. "I am here!"

This time, the worry in Hoseok's face wiped away and he returned a smile.

As soon as they reached each other, Taehyung opened his arms, expecting a hug; but not only was he rejected, he also received a painful smack on his back. He writhed in pain, complaining, "Ow! What was that for?"

"For leaving me behind and for worrying me."

"Aee~" Taehyung let out a cheesy smile. "You are really a good friend." He leaned ahead to hug the young eunuch.

"Yeah, yeah." Hoseok said shyly before pushing the boy away. "Anyways, why did you run off like that?" He asked.

"Hoseok, I think there's something wrong with me." Taehyung pouted, childishly.