Extra 1

*involves some part of Chapter 9 and 16*

____________________________

The Lady and The Prince.

The goddess of the country would never forget the day she was born since her father was always around to repeat every single detail that had occurred.

In the coldest night of December, the wind grazed the ground, dragging with it flurries of fine snowflakes. Icy frost had started settling in the roofs of the houses. The entire world had become blanketed with soft snow.

The first snow to fall was always heart-touching.

However, it felt more personal to the family members gathered over at Bae Residence, who were warming themselves up by the burning fire in the hearth.

As they chattered away in excitement, the painful screams of a woman in labour sounded from inside a shut room.

The woman was Minister Bae's young, lovely wife, and Joohyun's mother. After suffering for almost eight hours, finally she had given birth. Joohyun came into the world, bawling her eyes out.

"Congratulations! It's a baby girl!" The midwife announced cheerfully. She quickly wrapped the baby in warm blankets, and showed her to the mother. Tears filled the mother's eyes. Joy lighting up her tired face.

"Give her to me! Quick!" Minister Bae demanded impatiently. His arms outstretched, growing restless to hold the infant.

The midwife happily obeyed.

"My sweet daughter." Minister Bae said with a tender smile plastered on his face as he gazed down at his child. He sat down beside his wife, and placed a kiss on his wife's head.

"Oh, my darling." His wife gave a weak smile. The labour had drained away all her strength.

***

"IT'S A GIRL!" Minister Bae announced in rejoice stepping outside the room in a rush.

The family members cheered and congratulations passed through.

One by one, Joohyun was passed around to be held by each family member. And, all of them had only one thing to say. Every word, a synonym of beauty.

"Oh! What a beautiful girl!"

"My grandchild looks like an angel!"

"A beauty gifted from heavens!"

"How pleasing to look at!"

"Her eyes are like jewels!"

"She has my blessings! She is sure to become a lovely lady in the future!"

"She might even catch the attention of His Majesty!"

"NO! NOT OF THAT SENILE MAN!" Minister Bae roared in anger. With a grumpy look and disapproving glares, he snatched his daughter back.

"Then perhaps of the Crown Prince's?" His aunt suggested playfully.

"Even better!" Joohyun's grandmother chuckled, clapping her hands together in joy.

"Hmm. That sounds nice." Minister Bae nodded in agreement. A scheming look on his face.

From that day on, her father developed a goal. One that would be difficult to accomplish, but not impossible. His brilliant mind had already begun weaving a plan, lined so strategically that every move had an objective.