16.

_______________

Rumors Fly.

You know how in those addictive video games you play, there are plenty of options to help you win the game. And if you chose wrong, you could just go back and start anew again and everything would go according to plan.
It'd be nice if life worked that way too.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

With his pulse racing at an incredible rate - that he thought it might explode out his chest - Taehyung reached out to grab the door-handle, when suddenly the door opened from the inside, revealing who else but the heroine.

'Eh?' Kim Taehyung blinked, startled. He had never expected an encounter such as this. "Joohyun-sshi...?"

He caught sight of white and slender collarbones, and as a certain thought popped in his mind. His heart sunk.

'Why is her clothes a mess? Could it be -'

Joohyun let out a surprised gasp, "Omo! Taehyung-sshi, I didn't notice you were here." With fidgety movement, she fixed her loosened robes. "Were you standing here for a long time?"

His attention fell on all those noticeable hints - the nervous voice, those flushed cheeks, that smudged lipstick and swollen lips as if they had been sucked onto for a long time, and that loose, shabby clothes - Taehyung could make out that something had happened.

'No way...'

Ignoring those stupid thoughts was the best choice, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't afraid of the possibility of it turning out to be true.

Though he appeared easy-going and carefree, there was one thing he absolutely wasn't. A fool. But he was great at acting like one. So, acting cool and putting on a innocent facade to hide his anxiousness, he smiled. "I reached just now, Joohyun-sshi. By the way, what brings you here at this time of the night?"

This question irked Joohyun. A scowl appeared on that pretty face, lines forming near the corner of her lips. "What are you implying, that there is fixed schedule about when I should come visit my future husband? Don't forget I am the one marrying him."

Pissed off immensely to his core, he was still able to put on a fake smile. With no control over his tongue, he retorted, "How can I ever forget. Nevertheless, you aren't married yet, so you should try refraining yourselves from committing such acts. Don't worry about me. I have modern thinking but some people don't. As the future Queen, you should try to uphold the respect and grace of the royal family."

Joohyun scowled. "Hah! You're one to speak. You are the sole reason that brings shame to the royalty."

"What did I wrong?" Taehyung snapped.

"Oh my~ Don't tell me you haven't heard of the rumors going around." Joohyun informed mockingly, covering her mouth with her hand.

"What rumors?"

Joohyun let out an evil chuckle. With eyes narrowed, she replied, "Rumors that are questioning the King's sexuality."

"Huh?" Taehyung blinked.

"Yes, you heard right. The people of this country are laughing at the King saying he's a homosexual. That he's been engaging in sodomy with his so-called servant - the one he's been keeping with him to share his bed. Even the servants of this palace say that the King gazes at this person affectionately with such wistful eyes."