The Prince and Me Part 21

(Note: This is the continuation of part 19. This doesn't apply to part 20 at all and has a completely different ending.)

    "No buts, I am your mother but I'm also the queen so don't forget your place in this kingdom just yet my son."
    The queen's words rang throughout the palace courtyard and quarters which was followed by numerous whispers and rants.
    Jungkook didn't pay no mind to what he heard cause he had nothing left to lose. Well...there was one thing he could lose but his eyes shined with hopeful tears.

     The streets outside the palace was bustling with life like always. Only difference was that the one prince in the kingdom, next in line for the throne was now running through the streets; looking quite rugged and distraught but definitely on mission.
     Many glances and gossip was directed towards Jungkook. And that amount increased evermore when he turned a corner and raced towards the docks. However, time was ticking and if he didn't find a faster route towards the docks he would just miss his last chance to ever tell the person he truly cares about to stay with him and fight. Fight against all the prejudice, dreadful gossip, but most of all their own fears. It's never been more apparent that Jungkook wants to stop hiding. After all, he is the future king although there will be many obstacles to face before that happens, including his very own mother, it's about time he actually starts acting like a true king. Not just a king in title but a king who is a true leader.
    And there lost in thought, a man with a sturdy built bumps into a distracted and exhausted young prince, causing them both to fall to the ground.
   "Ah! I'm so sorry sir!"
    "Oh..son I'm the one that should be saying sorry."
   As they say their goodbyes and begin parting ways Jungkook looks back for one moment and sees the man sitting down at the front part of a cargo carriage that's carrying cartons of fish. That's when an idea enters his mind and his feet begin moving.
     "Sir! Sir!"
     "Ah! It's you again."
     "Haha, yes. Well to be quite blunt, would it be alright for me to ride with you to the docks?"
    Jungkook stands there fingers crossed and his heart floating in the air anxiously waiting for an answer. He sees the man stroking his chin and looking up towards the sky presumably giving the request some thought. But time is ticking....it ticks...and ticks...and-
    "Why not!"
As the man gives a hearty chuckle and makes room for Jungkook on the carriage, tears begin to form. Hope has finally settled in once again.
     "Well, come on son we don't got all day!"
     "Ahh yes sir!"
And so the two ride off on the cobble stone road, past all the alleys, parks, and newly built houses.
     "Hey, son you okay there?"
     "Mhmm~"
     "Hmm...something's gotta be up if wanna get to the docks that badly. Gee you looked like you were gonna pass out while I was thinkin' it over." The man said as he grimaced but not with disgust.
      "Ah, well I'm just in a hurry." Jungkook said while avoiding eye contact.
"Could you um actually speed up."
       "Maybe if you tell me why you're in a hurry." The man said with a nonchalant shrug.
   *sigh* "Fine. I'm actually chasing after the love of my life before they go on a boat and leave me forever. And probably because of how stupid I was to not realize what I had sooner and also because my family is completely against the relationship causing tons of bad blood even though the one I love doesn't deserve any of the hate!" Jungkook rambled.
       The man whistled while shaking his head.
     "Gotta say that's a lot for a young fellow like you"
      "Yeah..."
      "But since ya told me, it's time to return the favor."

    There wasn't even time for Jungkook to reply to the man. Next thing he knew, both of them are now racing and tumbling down the road. Whilst the carriage is constantly rising off the ground due to the speed. Jungkook screamed, at first the sound of terror but then it turned into one of pure fun filled with adrenaline.

    Soon enough, they made their way through a clearing and arrived at the docks.

     "Thank you for the ride sir!" Jungkook said as he climbed off the carriage and began running.
      "The names' Sam!" The man yelled with a friendly grin.
  Jungkook couldn't help but also smile back.