Chapter 3. Business With The Doctor

"Evangeline. Evangeline? Evangeline!" I heard a loud whisper say to me in a panic as I felt someone's sweaty hands shake my shoulders.
I opened my eyes. I must've fainted because of the tree that crashed on my iron table. "Who are you?" I whispered tiredly. The man put my glasses on my face, then I hit his hands away because I don't need his sweat on my glasses. I recognized the man immediately. He was my neighbor, Dr Laden. Dr Laden was a elder like Richard and I, but he's way more active than us. Active enough to put the effort to wake me up. I felt uneasy, at least the rain storm is over. "Did I faint?" I demanded. "You did." Dr Laden responded with a nod.
He helped me back to my elderly feet. "You could've woken me up much earlier." I told him as I realized the floor was still wet from the rain. There was a giant hole in the kitchen ceiling and the ceiling fan was on the kitchen floor. I sighed and sat on the counter and I looked at the stupid tree that fell through my iron table. "And that was my good iron table." I muttered. I hoped Dr Laden didn't hear me. "Oh really? Then what's your bad iron table?" Dr Laden scoffed. He was giving me the sassy eyeballs. "Don't look right at me. Where is Richard?" I asked waving my elderly hands in the air. Dr Laden looked annoyed when he gave me his glare. "In the hospital." He said shortly.
"What?!"
"The hospital." Why would Richard be in the hospital? Then it came to me. The dream. "I remember the dream! My God it was a warning!" I yelled. "You sure about that?" Dr Laden asked. "What happened? Why is my husband in the hospital?" I demanded. "He got into a car crash on the thruway. He survived thankfully. That's because I saved him, so he's in the hospital and they are saying he might not live another week." Dr Laden responded. "What?!" I say. "Yeah. You wouldn't know. You were already fainted when it happened." Dr Laden utted. "Okay. That dream is evil. Last year my Perri died on a thruway, and this year my house collapsed and Richard might not last another week?" I say shaking with great fear. "It's true." Dr Laden said in an undertone. "Yeah, I'm not doubting you." I glowered. "Yeah. And, you need to figure out what-" Dr Laden began as I interrupted. "Your the one with the degree in helping people. You should be able to you know fix my house and get my husband to be normal again." I snapped. Dr Laden got angry. "I'm the one who actually saved him. I'm a doctor!" I watched him rant for a bit. "I don't know how to turn someone back to one hundred percent normal. I've been a regular doctor for fifty years. I don't have any magic healing power. I wish. Cause then I could do a curse on the house and your husband." Doctor Laden rages. I sighed again and I still didn't leave the counter. "What will happen to you next? Evangeline Conalie?" Asked Dr Laden waspishly.

I did in fact leave the little house that day as much as I hated to do so. I was not allowed to visit Richard in the hospital because I was not a doctor like Dr Laden. I had ice tea at Dr Laden's house. I soon learned that Dr Laden's real name is Benjamin Sausage and that he is a really bad cook. Like extremely horrendous at it.
He liked his chicken raw and only eats fruit when it's dry.
He was ranting a lot and asked me a lot of dream questions. He was not that smart. He had a big mouth and loves to hear his own voice talk.

I found myself in his big fancy limousine. I was uncomfortable in this vehicle. "Where are you taking me?" I questioned in the passenger seat. Benjamin Sausage turned to me and we had the most solid eye contact for a while, of course intill I blinked. "I will tell you, this is just nuts. Your daughter getting killed last year, your husband gets into a car crash and your house collapsed a year later, it is all just nuts." He complained. "Your telling me." I muttered looking out the window.
"Evangeline. Listen. I'm taking you to the dream masters." He said softly.
"Who?"
"I didn't mention the dream masters?"
"Nope."
"Well, they will work their magic to figure out what is wrong with you."
I raised my eyebrows. "I don't believe that's true." I told him swiftly. Benjamin Sausage takes a deep sigh. "By not believing that your saying you don't believe in the curse of the pool?"
"What?"

We leave the car after a breif drive. It looked like a lovely neighborhood area. Apartment buildings. Green grass and yellow daisies growing, but there was a large water fountain in the Middle of square rose bushes sitting in the sun.
We were standing infront of it. "Okay Evangeline, it's now or never. We are going to jump into the fountain." Benjamin Sausage soothed. "What? Why?" I responded. "Because, this should help you."
"Me?" Before I had much of a choice, Benjamin Sausage pulled me in the fountain with him and we fell. We fell into the fountain which than turned into falling in a deep and mysterious black hole. ~~~~~~