Chapter 8. The Espcu Devils

It was a boiling hot day and Mr Espcu's house was a street away from my house.  He knew I was coming...... or at least I thought he knew I was coming. 
  I rang the doorbell and looked through the window.
  I was frightened at first to see Mr Espcu wearing regular clothes instead of his black spy clothing.  He had this regular flannel and grey long pants that had a worn out look to them.  I squinted.  I always thought that Mr Espcu looked old, but now he looks like a grandpa.  "Where does your son live?" I ask with firm.  "Why are you interested in my son?" Questions Mr Espcu.  "Because I'd like to give him a solid piece of my mind." I snapped.  "Well I am not all that comfortable with giving you my son's adress, but he is actually in my house right now.  Him and his fiance are borrowing my blender."
  That was comfusing because I'm sure that those two can just buy one at the store, but I would have to stay out of it because if I talk to much, Mr Espcu will interrupt me. 
  I carefully came up the steps to the doorway.  I saw the boring one story house and the white walls and the  beige carpet.  There was a table in front of the window and I saw dirt on the walls. "I hate this house." I whispered. Mr Espcu nodded in agreement.  "Hey! Yo!" He called to the kitchen.  A guy with sunglasses walked into the living room with his ugly knitted sweater and woolen scarf.  "Holy cow, you look a lot like your daughter." He contended. "Yeah I guess." I shrugged.  "Oh, I'm Nicholas Espcu by the way." He said loudly holding out a hand for me to shake it.
  I shook it for a second and I let go.  "So I hear your getting married... I don't aprove of that." I lilted while gazing around the room.
  Nicholas removed his glasses as if he's trying to figure me out. Before he could sass back, I lightly say "It's only been a year y'know, I think it's wiser to think, rather than to rush love.  It takes precious time, a lot of it too. Y'know to make sure you are doing the right thing." I soothed.  Nicholas squinted in return. 
  "Before I was dating Perri, I was originally gonna marry Autumn Brownski. Unlike Perri, Autumn was very open and deep with me." Explained Nicholas.  I sighed.
"I really liked this Autumn Brownski." He goes on to say.  I sigh again. I prayed in my head that he better say something great about Perri right now.  "Why?" I ask boardly. "Well she was always a really good friend." Nicholas rejoiced.  I try not to look annoyed.  "Yeah, she's in the kitchen right now." Added Mr Espcu. "Wait..... she's here?!" I gasped. 
  Strolling out of the kitchen was who  I guess is Autumn Brownski.  A regular typical person of her early thirties trying to look young with her dirty blond hair that faded to a shiny gold color.  Her sunglasses pinned to the top of her hairline.  She had a business woman dress like the kind Perri always wears, but Autumn's was lilac colored and wore flip flops. I hate those. I used to tell Perri that flip flops were dangerous.  "Hi." I said briskly. "Hi!" Autumn said cheerfully. Her teeth were unrealistically white.  "I can make you a cup of green tea or black tea?" She asked VERY politely.
"I don't really care for tea. I don't like tea at this age, instead I just want a nice cup of chocolate milk because I think that chocolate milk is the chocolateist thing out in the planet." I announced.  Mr Espcu nodded at his future daughter in law and they both scurry to the kitchen.

I didn't want to, but I ended up staying for lunch.  I sit at the long table and I tried to keep up with the observations.  Nicholas's favorite food is a hotdog, Autumn's favorite food is stuffing and she was a former surfer, Mr Espcu has an older brother whom he hates with a passion that writes advice novels.  "Hello fello fashion people." Came a mysterious ringing voice that I recognized as Madilyn Whiteson.  I wipped my head around to see Madilyn who snuck in so quietly.  My heart was pounding. "Madilyn stop scaring me like that!" I yelled. Madilyn smiled and I saw her daughter peek out from behind her. 
  I saw Autumn stand up. "Madilyn Whiteson would you like a drink?" She asked exitedly. "Yes please." Madilyn said in her proper voice. She sat down on the chair and fluffed her dress and Jenifer sat directly next to her.

Autumn and Nicholas were is the kitchen and Madilyn never mentioned what drink she wanted.

Oh Madilyn Whiteson. I can't stand that woman.  She brings her own food and comes to Mr Espcu's house for his food.  I tapped my fingers on the table watching Madilyn gaze around the room as she was stirring her greek yogurt with a spoon. She kept stirring it.  "Well, the kids should be back from school soon." Nicholas pipped up.  I glare at him from the far end of the table.  "What kids?" 
"Oh I never told you about my kids?" He laughed. "No." I nervously answered. 
  "O is graduating this year. She's almost off to the middle school.  Also there is Chris who is in third grade and Phil who is in Kindergarten." Answers Nicholas.
  "You have random kids, I don't aprove of that." I spat out. 
  I got dirty looks from Nicholas, Autumn and Mr Espcu.  "Yeah I'm a Grandpa. I never told you." Added Mr Espcu.  "Yeah, and you even look like one too." I tell him.  "Oh no wonder Perri never told you anything.  You wouldn't aprove to the Espcu children." Madilyn chimed in while stirring her yogurt. 

Her yogurt is fine. Her stirring her yogurt is stirring my annoyed brain.

I saw Nicholas give Madilyn a dirty look.
  "So Nicholas, you sure dated a lot. I bet you had three different children of three different wives." I said very wisely.  "Evangeline I had my children with my original wife. You know the one who moved to England after she figured out the way I organize basements." He said in a sad voice. "Why? Do you organize basements like a monster?" I asked.  He squinted.  "Also you didn't say nothing about your original wife." I also said. 
  Nicholas rolled his eyes.  "Okay, let me get this straight." I begin while standing. "You, Nicholas Espcu married as a eighteen year old quilter with some random girl, then you got her pregnant with random kids, then you organize your basement one day and get her angry and she moves to England leaving you with these kids, then you try to marry Perri, then she dies, so you try to marry Autumn Brownski." He hesitated before nodding.  That's a bad sign, and I knew it.  "I don't like people like you." I sassed.  Nicholas gives me the sassiest eye roll ever.

When Olivia, Christopher and Phillip all show up at the house I lose my mind.  The noisiest kids ever. 
  I can't believe Autumn Brownski right now. MY GOD She is making a giant mistake.  Who would want to deal with these kids? They got a way to make Jenifer seem like an angel child. 
  Madilyn is on her third yogurt while Olivia is talking about getting an A+ on a fifth grade spelling test.  Madilyn looks genuinely interested, opposite from Jenifer who is constantly sighing and giving eye rolls.  Every look she gives at Olivia is a pure look of disgust. 
  I soon learn that Madilyn and her team of quilters (Nicholas and Autumn) are doing an awful lot of work this summer.  It was the last day of school for the children, so they have the whole summer in front of them. 
  "I have to send the children back to the summer camp, that's a heck lot of money I tell you." Nicholas mentioned. The Espcu children all looked annoyed. "In summer camp I learned nothing...... cause IT WASN'T FUN! Summer camp is for stupid people." Scoffed Olivia with attitude.
  I smiled at her childlike innocence. "Well, I'm doing hardly anything this summer, so maybe you can let your kids stay at my house for a couple hours in the summer, y'know so their not board." I offered.  The Espcu boys had hopefull looks in their eyes. Olivia looked like she was thinking, Jenifer was lost in her mind.
  My God I hate the way Nicholas looked at Autumn. It was the love they had for eachother.  I would kill to see Nicholas look at Perri that way.  "I don't see why not." Autumn whispered. Nicholas looked back at me. "Thanks for the offer Evangeline. We are in for it." He grinned.

Yes I genuinely dislike the Espcu kids, but hey, I just met them.  I could get along with them.  I would also like to get to know Jenifer. 
  "Ooh and I want Jenifer to hang out there too. She doesn't know the Espcu kids really. I'd like her to do something productive." Stated Madilyn.

I drove back to my house in a good mood.  I'm so glad that I'm a knitter and not a quilter. Because Madilyn has to supervise her quilters often. All I have to do is send Madilyn boxes of clothing. 

While driving, I saw a police car driving by.  They freak me out, so I turn on the other street and I saw the helmetless bicycle kid cruzing down fast as a cheetah after a tasty gazelle. 
  The kid jumps off the bike and throws it in the nearby bush.
  Then the kid chases me by running.  I stop the car and he bangs on the window.
  I'm so tired of this.  I roll down the window and yawn.  "Can I join you?" He pleaded.
"What?"
"Can I join you?"
I let him in the car.  He jumps in fast. He has a lot of sweat.  "Okay, well, where do you want to go?" I ask boardly. The kid is scared. Fear in his eyes.  "Oh I don't know. Anywhere but here. You see, the police found out that I stole the bike!" He cried. I sighed "Okay." I say under my breath.