Chapter 27. Leo Blue

Scott had no intentions on seeing Lesley again... which is a bad thing.
  The three of us ate the fries a bit silently, a little chatter here and there, but mostly silent. We watched the news. Same old story again. Alandra had a perplexed expression. The day was getting late, and I knew I had to ask my sister the burning question. "Alandra?"
"Ugh yes?"
"Do you have a couch bed?"
She glanced at me through tired eyes.
"Why? Do you want to sleep here because your too lazy to drive yourself back to LA?" She asked with a raise of a almost faded eyebrow. She litterally read my mind. "You just read my mind." I said.
  I slept on the surprisingly comfortable  coach bed. Her house was neat and tidy, twice as my little home.

I float away in my dreams that night. There was a sudden chill in the room. I opened my eyes to the cold black night sky. I hear thunder, lightning, the wind yelling at me, and angry rain the felt like my own pin needles seaking revenge. I was in the deep water on a cold beach. I drown in the icy water, I felt my lace flower dress get wet. I cough for air and only my head was above the water, I tried yelling for help, but there's no use is there? I'm all alone..... or I thought I was. "GET ME OUT OF THIS STUPID NIGHTMARE!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "The fire will have your soul." Said the misty black ghost again. "GET ME OUT OF THIS!!" I hollered. The ghost went close to my face "Oh, you just wait." The voice whispered.

"AHHHHH!" I yelled when I awoke. I inhale and exhale. Inhale and exhale. "Oh God Alandra, I had a horrible nightmare!" Alandra peaks in the room. Her eyes looked tired and her hair was definitely out of place. "Evangeline, I thought you dream in beauty." She said. "Well I used to, but this dream is no where near what I want, it's a sign!" I cried.
"Oh Evangeline, you need to stop believing in signs! Dreams are dreams, they don't mean anything else."
Now she's talking like Richard.

I thanked Alandra for letting us stay. Scott and I drove back to LA in the Afternoon of July 29th. "Scott."
"Yes."
"Be careful. Who knows what could happen to you." I told him as he was there in the passenger seat. For the first time ever, he had fear in his eyes. Pure terror. The kind of terror I had when I learned Perri died, or when I watched Richard die. "I don't want Lesley to go nuts and begin cursing when I go back to Tennessee." He said shakily. "Listen Scott, I'm not taking you to Tennessee now. That's too much driving for me." I tell him. Scott seemed to calm down. "What I'm actually doing is taking you to LA, then I can try to book a flight to Tennessee I guess." I say with a shrug.

Back in LA, Scott and I visited Mr Espcu's house for the last time before I had to send Scott back to the drawing board.
  Mr Espcu was glad to hear that I was sending Scott away.  I spoke to Nicholas and Autumn who were glad to hear that I've been using my cane, even though it shouldn't matter to them.  "Sorry to make this about me, but I think my three kids are over the moon to have a Mother again." Nicholas pointed out. Then I remembered about the wedding. "Oh yeah Scott, you missed the wedding, Autumn isn't polish anymore because she's an Espcu." I inform to Scott. He nods in understandment. Autumn gave me a squint. "That doesn't change anything." She said. "Yeah, when my Father was single, he had a polish last name, he married and became an Espcu because of his refusal to keep his last name, he's still Polish." Nicholas pointed out. I look at Mr Espcu in the far corner talking to his Grandchildren. I tried to think of a polish last name that might sound good for him, but I don't even know his first name. My God he is a strange one. When Olivia spotted us at the dining room table, she turned in her chair and crossed her arms. Christopher and Phillip seemed more excited. "Mrs Conalie, summer camp was so fun! I saw a black bear chase Christopher into the lake when he attempted to catch crayfish!" Phillip said. His smile was so large that I thought he may explode. "Well, Phillip got sprayed by three skunks! Three I tell you!" Christopher Yapped. "There was one kid who got in trouble for feeding a mountain lion!" Goes Phillip. "And then when he died-" began Christopher. "Okay, okay enough. Olivia let's hear from your experience in the death-defying camp. Now I'm sure it can't be-" I began.
"Pretty horrorfying." Olivia said blankly as she didn't even turn to me. "We had to make bird houses, I don't want a new bird house every year! Not to mention, the stupid cabins are in the middle of the woods, and the children all had to sleep in a stupid sleeping bag in a tent." Olivia complained. "Well." I began. "I want you kids to wish Scott good luck. On July 30th, He's going back to Tennessee, where he spent years with his Aunt." I told them. All three of the kids went speechless. Scott looked up at me fast. "I don't see why I can't stay with you Mrs Conalie." His voice quivered. I sighed. I hated to say these words as I placed my cane free hand on Scott's shoulder to keep him from moving, "Scott Blue, if you don't go back to Tennessee with Lesley, the news will continue to go crazy. I want the nonsense to end." Scott hated to hear that. "But-" Then I cut him off. "You want that too Scott, you do but you don't know it." I said.
Then I glare at the Espcu kids all of them sat at the table. "You need to say goodbye to Scott." I said, this time so boardly that it sounded fake. The Espcu kids look at eachother in indecision. "Oh for God's sakes, I could've done better." I scoffed. Mr Espcu turned to me. "I could've done better too!" He interjected.
  Everyone wished Scott good luck except for the kids. Scott didn't care about them anyway. After they got into plenty of fights in the Summer Camp, they probably don't want to deal with Scott anyway.
  Just before leaving Mr Espcu's house, I heard Olivia's footsteps racing towards us. I turn around to see bright eyes. "You're my component aren't you Scott?" She asked in a rather fiesty voice. Scott shrugged, "I have been since the day you came into Mrs Conalie's house and you yelled THERE'S A PERSON HIDING UNDER THE TABLE!" Scott said with mini laughter. Olivia didn't look amused. "I hated you ever since then." She said sourly. Scott nodded, then him and I almost walk out. "Wait!" Called Olivia. Olivia grabbed Scott's basic hand and shoved Uno cards in it. A whole deck I believe. I was shocked and stunned. I didn't know what to think, but it didn't seem like a logical thing to do. The card facing the top was a Wild card. Scott smiled and looked up into Olivia's eyes. (All the adults except me were ignoring the situation because they are too busy chit chatting) "You can't be serious." Scott said slowly and carefully. "I am." Olivia responded with a nod. "Lesley never had any games at our house in Tennessee." Scott said. "I gave you my uno cards so you can remember Mrs Conalie, and me, and Christopher, and Phillip, and Jenifer." She grinned. "Hey Olivia, you seriously want to give your uno cards to Scott. He has a strict Aunt who never played any games in her tragedy life. Now since you gave all your cards away, you don't have uno anymore!" I yell at her in disbelief.