Chapter 26. Discussions

I was glad that wedding was over, but I only got six hours to sleep. The next day was June 23rd, a boring day I must admit.

The first thing a did was drive over Mulberry & Paggles. I put the packaging down on Madilyn's desk in her office room where she was stirring her yogurt again. "Madilyn, I might die one of these days." I sighed to her. Madilyn squinted. "You're not even that old Evangeline, your only seventy and one month."
"Oh no it's not that, it's because I want to sacrifice."
The door opens and Jenifer Whiteson came into the room. Her eyes looked so green when she's tired, but she managed to say "Mrs Conalie wants to jump into the cursed pool and be a squid." Jenifer said in a clear voice. "No not necessarily." I snapped. "Evangeline, why must you do this?" Madilyn asked and she began to pour her scolding heavily smelling coffee into a mug. Jenifer was sweeping the floor as Madilyn typed some things on a computer. "Mrs. Conalie had a daughter once. She really wants to see her again." Jenifer chimed in. I nod. "Evangeline, if you become a squid, you're not knitting ever again, your clothing line won't be expanding anymore, the mall itself will just be less popular as it is, and you won't see the kids ever again." Madilyn said darkly just before a long sip of coffee and a hard swallow. "I think I need to see my daughter." I said darkly. "Why now though?" Madilyn asked frustratedly. "Because I won't see her in heaven because she's a fish in a cursed pool." I said.

While driving back to my LA house I thought about how rich I'm suddenly getting. Do I really want to jump in a pool and be a squid for the rest of my life? I will only see fish and squids for the rest of my life just swimming and not being able to go to the surface to see the air. What would I do with my LA house and my twelve million dollars I have now that I design proper fashion. Perri would've loved to have a fashion line like me. I used to think I couldn't survive as a person with my daughter being dead, now that have all this money and she's not alive to be successful after all the years she tried, her death was so unfortunate.

When July begins I'm still unsure with my life, should I jump in the cursed pool or should I stay on land as a human? Of course I don't want to be a purple squid with tentacles and a weird head shape, but that's what I would get for sacrificing. I know Perri would be a orange fish because she died while saving people.
  I only saw Madilyn and Jenifer every few days when I send clothes to Mulberry & Paggles. Jenifer doesn't visit me anymore because she helps out her Mother at the mall. I stay and chat with them usually and they're always very happy to see me, even though Jenifer is hiding the secret that she misses Scott during uno. I haven't seen the Espcu kids because they are at that dreadful summer camp. I haven't seen Scott because he's with Alandra and she has to keep him hidden. I sat in my comfortable chair in my living room counting my dollar bills. I am rich enough to buy a mansion with six hot tubs at this point. I thought about the night I came back from the walk with my uncle. The day my idiotic Father shattered the new plate he bought and we were out of money. I remember him yelling at me because the pears I stole were rotten pears and I just didn't know. I remember him yelling about being wasteful so I brought up the fact that he shattered a plate. He didn't like that and I remember telling him "Eventually we will be rich." Then I remember the burning stomach feeling after my Father looked straight at me and muttered "Evangeline... I can't see you being rich at all, so don't think you ever will be."

My God the few dreadful years and the many many horrors. While thinking about my Father's expectations I just rolled on the floor laughing in my empty house. I watched a few TV shows and order Pizza. I was all alone in my house. I missed my Perri and I missed my Richard and now I miss the kids. If I never offered to take care of them, I wouldn't miss them so bad.

This was July 28th 1987. I marked my calendar. I'm so old that I have to remind myself that today was my thirty second wedding anniversary with Richard. I watch the morning news to hear about Leo Blue still being on the run and Lesley Blue still on the search for her nephew and her escaped prisoner of an older brother. This got me thinking.... I have an older sister, Alandra Conalie has Scott living in her house. I trust her so well because Alandra's great with kids, (From what I've been told in my childhood) but the fact that I know about Scott's whereabouts and the news people don't is insane to me.
  I wonder what Alandra's thinking. I know she's gonna be eighty five in August, she's getting old, she can't keep Scott hidden much longer. I wonder if she realized the situation on the news won't end intill she gets Scott to where he belongs. In Tennessee with his Aunt. I think Alandra's doing what's comfortable instead of what's right.