Chapter 16. Dangers of the Unwise

I've been in this book for quite some time, I can't stop staring at those red eyes. "Did she say that the fire will have her soul?" Scott asked. He was comfused. All four kids were exchanging nervous glances. I knew those words, but I didn't know what they ment. "This is when it gets Tragic." Mr Peachfuz warned us.
Brielle ran away. "Mr Peachfuz, I had a dream twice when someone told me the fire will have your soul." I whispered to Mr Peachfuz. He squinted and looked at me. "Really?" He said. "Is it a bad thing?" I questioned nervously. "You'll see when it happens here." Said Mr Peachfuz.

The wind took us to the next day. (I'm assuming)
"You really want to sell the house?" Asked a man with blue glasses in a shocked voice as he stood in the front of the golden mansion that once belongs to Phoenix Paggles. I'm assuming that the man is Brielle's father. They got the same shade of brown thick hair. Brielle placed her hands on her hips and swayed slightly. She bit her lower lip because she seemed to be in thought. "I think so." She said under her breath. Today her drees was deep red, like the apple she pulled from the tree and took a bite out of. "You see, I don't want to live in this house because it reminds me of Phoenix." She said while chewing. "But Phoenix left you the house and all the gold." Her Father responded. "I don't want all of the gold, I'll take half, give the rest of it to Quinn." She responded quietly. "Don't you want to be extremely rich?" Asked her Father.
"Of course. I just feel bad for Quinn. She fell really hard for Phoenix and she did anything she can to buy him that tree. She would deserve it too." Brielle said grinning.
"Okay, well if you want to give up that gold then go ahead-" Brielle's Father's voice came to a stop. He sniffed. She sniffed. They look at eachother with fear. "Brielle did you leave the stove on?" Asked the Father a bit angrily.
Visable smoke was coming in behind the house.
They both ran at full speed to the back of the house. I couldn't believe my own eyes. I knew that Apple Tree Village was such a beautiful Village that turned into a dry desert after many years, but the forest was in flames.
"Technically we can't feel anything so we can technically walk through the fire and apparently we won't get burnt." Scott said calmly. "True." Mr Peachfuz said with a nod. I shook my head. "I wouldn't put that into consideration." I said slowly.

The flames were so large, I saw the brown bark of the branches grow black and crispy, the pink flowers were once so beautiful vanished with the flames. "BRIELLE DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO STOP THIS?!" Bellowed Brielle's Father. Brielle looked absolutely horror struck and couldn't take her eyes of the flames. She and her Father fleed inside the golden house.
The fire managed to spread throughout the Village. The woman next door was in and out of her house tossing items into her little car looking. She looked desperate. The fire spread out even more. I held on to the kids. All but Scott looked horrified. "You won't need to hold them." Mr Peachfuz said swiftly. "Where did this fire come from?" I ask loudly. Mr Peachfuz sighed. "Mysterious fires come from the Witch. When she gets so angry at a child, she sets fire wherever she wants. Usually people don't find out exactly." He replied casually. I was stunned. Mr Peachfuz must've noticed. "She's the Fire, Water, Air and Earth. A mysterious immortal woman with intelligent strong magic. Almost good at everything she does, but she is mostly known as the Water Witch after she cursed the pool, but honestly... the fire looks like a more unforgiving problem."

"I got the Watering can! Is everyone safe?!" Called out the voice of Quinn as she seemed to have walked out of the woods. She looked completely safe. "Oh for the love of God! Put out the fire already!" Cried the woman from across the street.
After attempting to water the fire away, the fire just seemed to spread. There were many people outside which I don't get because they would be safer in their homes.
Quinn gave up after attempting. The woman from across the street gave Quinn a dirty look. "I don't think the Watering can is working." Quinn whimpered. "Oh my Gosh! The reason it's not working is because you are weak!" The woman screeched. Quinn turned a color of fury and splashed water on the woman. "You splashed water on my ear, but I don't care. I DON'T CARE!!" Raged the woman.
"THERE'S A FIRE MY GOD!" Bellowed Brielle's Father as he stepped out. Some people were whispering assumptions about how the fire started, others were cursing. One of them being Brielle's father.
"Ahh! Fire Ahh!" Yelled a man in a white long robe as he jumped into his jeep. "What'd we do now?!" Cried Brielle's Father as he approached the car. "Listen. Listen." Quinn said trying to keep calm, but she was extremely terrified. "You have to be smooth." She said loud over the loud noises of fire and trees crashing. "Since when was I not smooth?" Sobbed Brielle's Father. "Well, you can't be smooth when you're angry crying about your precious backyard trees." Informed Quinn with a shaky voice. She tapped on the window of the car of the man in the long white robe. "We can't die now, we're too young and you're the only Villager old and wise enough to help us!" She yelled. The wise man in the robe said "Do nothing. I don't know."
"Mr Peachfuz, isn't this too dangerous for the kids?" I ask shakily.
"According the The Water Witch yes." He responded hastily while moving his hand around. "I can see why she doesn't want people to read it!" I said. "THESE ARE MY PRECIOUS BACKYARD TREES AND THEY ARE DYING!! I HAD NO MONEY FOR FOOD SO I JUST PLANTED ALL OF THESE TREES! NOW THEY'RE RUINED!! THIS IS ALL JUST NUTS!!!" Yelled Brielle's Father at the top of his voice.
Quinn squinted into the flames. Of course they were blinding. "Oh, I see one little apple. Yeah, the only apple left in Apple tree Village." Quinn said mostly too herself, but everyone heard her. I bet they all want the apple, but only Quinn seemed brave enough to run right for the apple in the flames. "This is for Phoenix and Yani." She said to Brielle. Brielle began crying. "No! That's not intelligent! Stop!" She screamed after her.
"It seems like the Water Witch made everyone think that Intelligence is extremely important." Said Phillip.
I swear Phillip is too young to see this. Quinn pulled off the last remaining flower. It blossomed into a red apple in her hand. She turned it around and parts of the apple was golden as if kissed by sunlight. She took a bite into it and...... the sky turned a shade of dark gray.
The rain was falling. The Wise Man in the car had a big smile. The rain fell faster. It was powerful enough to take out the fire. The trees were left as rotting sticks in the earth. They used to be so beautiful and loved by the Villagers, but now they are just random sticks.
The villagers went quiet. "Holy holy holy holy water." Whispered the wise man. "OH GOD!" Yelled Brielle's Father is relief.
"Oh that terrible terrible Water Witch!" I cried. "How do they not know?" Asked Scott in exaggeration.
The Villagers all survived. Lucky for them.
You go crazy when one person you like dies on the road, while a whole bunch of crazy people survive a fire problem. Yeah. That's what I'm thinking.
The Villagers went calm and quiet. "Young people, let's get in the car." The wise man said in the car.
"Um... Wise Man, we can't all fit." Brielle said flatly. "Sure you can." The wise man said airily.
I hoped I was seeing things, the Wise Man winked at me. Me! Invisible Evangeline Conalie! I blinked as every Villager calmly entered the jeep with many luggages. "That's unrealistic." I breathed. Mr Peachfuz laughed. "That's like fifty people. You can't fit them all into a jeep." I logically claim. Mr Peachfuz keeps laughing at me.
All those people drive away. "Don't go crashing!" I heard someone in the car shout. I'm sure they are headed Somewhere beautiful I expect. Something that compares to the way Apple Tree Village used to look.
We were left in the rain that I know will dry up. I look down at the cursed pool. "How're we gonna get out of this?" I sighed walking back to Mr Peachfuz. "We're almost there Evangeline." He informed.
Suddenly we felt a really rumbling earthquake. I fell right on my rip. Ahhh! The pain was like a sword stabbing into me. We rolled onto the ground and right into a black hole.

"Oof!" Said everyone but Mr Peachfuz. I looked around me. "I thought we couldn't feel anything!" I shouted.
"Exactly. You can't." Was Mr Peachfuz's response.
"Then how did we fall into a hole?"
"Because the book ended. Now you and the kids have to be wise enough to get out."
"Wise enough? Can't it be kind enough instead? I'm not good at being wise. Like elder wise."
"Good luck then. Because the Witch only likes wise people."
"Um... wh-what h-h-h-happens if we're not wise enough?"
"Poof. You and the kids go poof."
"What about you?"
"Oh, I already know the riddle by heart. Every time I feel like jumping in the book I can solve the riddle correctly."
I roll my eyes at the statement. "So we are dead meat if we don't answer the riddle right?" I ask.
"Well, you have three guesses." Responded Mr Peachfuz smiling creepily.
I shivered. I look at the kids. "I hate this!" Phillip sobbed. I gave him a hug. "I hate this too, but you can blame Mr Peachfuz I guess." I said. Mr Peachfuz gave me a shocked look. "Is it an easy riddle or a complicated one?" Phillip pleaded.
"This sort of looks like a rabbit hole." Christopher chimed in. "Apparently they were ginormous back then." Added Scott. "Ginormous isn't a word." Jenifer chimed in. "You sound like Olivia now." Scott sighed sadly.
The Rabbit came out of the door of the left. The Rabbit was about the size of a garden shed. Large but not too large. He had big black eyes and white fluffy eyes with pink inner ears.
"Are you ready?" The Rabbit's rather annoying voice said. He sounds like a flirtatious forty five year old man from Texas or something. I give Mr Peachfuz a glare as he went to sit on the sofa. No human spoke before the Rabbit said "So, the riddle goes like this.... what is disgusting, runs in the family and can easily stain bedsheets?" I looked at Scott for serious help because I was clueless. "Hair pieces?" Guess Scott.
"No...."
I was praying in my head.
"Saliva maybe?" Guessed Jenifer.
No...."
I thought this was ridiculous. We went through that disaster book, it wasn't even our fault, and now we have to be wise enough to escape the book. The Rabbit gave us thirsty glances. We were all sweating. Phillip smiled suddenly. A tragic mood change. I hate those. "I might know." He Chirped. Then I get frightened. "No don't! Please please please please please!" I say defensively.
Phillip being six years old has to be the least wise out of us right? I couldn't let him screw this up. "What do you think I was going to say?" Asked Phillip a bit annoyed. I sighed. "Go on." I say with a shiver. "I was going to say the answer was blood." He said shortly.
"Okay, you're free." Spoke the Rabbit. The intense wind came and we got pushed up out of the Rabbit hole.

"Oof!" We all said as we hit the floor of Mr Peachfuz's house. I look around. Nobody looked translucent anymore. Thank God, thank Phillip. He got us out of this mess! I hugged all the kids. They cheered and laughed and talked rapidly. Mr Peachfuz gave me a glare. He wanted a hug too, so I pulled him in. It feels good to be out of that~~~~