Chapter 28. Fishes

Did I die? Of course I can't see, or hear, or feel, or speak for a few minutes. Everything is black. I died didn't I? I could still think however. My God this is unusual.
  "Evangeline Conalie." Said a loud voice. My eyes suddenly open. I look below me, and above me and I see that I'm stuck in a bubble and I'm in the middle of a body of water. I get my senses back. I see at the top of the water the sun was flecting. "Where- Where am I?" I stutter to say when looking at the watery surrounding. I look infront of me to see a fish. Orange and white like myself. "Who-who are you?" I stutter to say.
The fish's voice gave it away when she said "Well, what do you think?" That was the Witch's voice. "Oh my God! Your the Witch!" I say in shock.
"Yeah."
"Wait, you can become a fish?"
"I'm magic. How else could I do my daily chats?"
"Daily chats?"
"Evangeline Conalie, before I let you leave the bubble, tell me what you hate."
Did she really just ask me what I hate? There's way too many things I hate. I sighed.
"Well, I hate deserts, like Apple Tree Village sort of desert, I hate flip flops, hmmm, back porches with doors, hmm, I hate adults who re marry, and I really really hate adults with kids that re marry, because how can they do it? I hate people that think middle age people are old, I hate the color red and yellow together, ooh yes I hate McDonald's and the people there, still brings me shivers, I hate anyone who has eyes like my Father because he's not reliable, anyway I hate the people who over wash their good clothes, people that wear new clothes the day they get them, hmm, I hate the cars that don't have back seats... God that's pointless. I hate people that marry for money! I hate the people that get lost in the music." I tell her. The Witch looks at me funny. "Okay that's-"
"There's more!" I interrupted threateningly. "I despise spray tans and lipstick y'know and the undercover people that lie about their identity, The uber buses I hate, the chappels, Lightning, Olympics, wedding chairs, nuts."
"Okay Evangeline that's-"
"And I will not touch sand paper." I finish. The Witch checks that off the list. "Okay so, according to the math, you probably want to knit again." She told me. I was startled. How could she know?
  The Witch took out her small knife to burst the bubble.

We swam down a trail at the bottom of the water. I saw an incredible city under water. I flipped my fins gracefully looking at tall buildings and seaweed wild life. It's hard to believe that this was once an ordinary pool. All the fish looked the same, I think it's the voices that you can tell them apart. It was noisy in this under water city. The Witch and I stood next to the tanning store (Which I find very weird)
  "You see Evangeline, I am the only person in the whole world who could turn into a fish just by snapping my fingers." She said to me.
"Because you're an immortal Witch?"
"Yes, and when you died, your body was completely gone, Olivia very quickly called the police, Leo's mind was too soaked up in his desires that he didn't notice you jump and he didn't notice Lesley and Scott survived. Luckily the police came and arrested Leo all over again, and Lesley and Scott are currently on the road to Tennessee." The Witch said proudly.
"That's great! You got your broom back too?"
"Yes Evangeline, the only source of magic I had left was my crystal ball and that's how I saw the whole kaotic situation."
"I can't believe I'm dead!" I yelled into the sky...... then suddenly, I heard a voice in the distance yell out in a ringing voice "MOTHER! MOTHER! MOTHER!" It couldn't be...... but maybe it is.
  I turn around to see another usual orange and white fish... but that voice..... that voice was my Perri's and it felt AMAZING to be called Mother again. I swam as fast as a bolt of lightning. It was difficult to hug as a fish, but we did it anyway. "There's something I need to show you." The Witch said softly.

Again the underwater world is strange. The three of us swam to a office like room in the first floor of a building. "Perri." Uttered the Witch. "Yes?" Replied Perri. "How many sea Brownies have you collected?" She asked. Perri's eyes darken. "And why does that matter to you?"
"Because Perri, you know what happens when you collect enough sea Brownies. It gives you a twelve hour chance to be a ghost on earth."
I was happily surprised.
  "But Water Witch, I thought that you can't leave the pool as a fish!"
"Yes, as a fish. In a fishes body you can't be able to hit the surface, so in the seventies, I thought I should make a portal so fishes can become invisible ghosts. All you need is to put one hundred Brownies in the oven and you and Perri could enter the box." The Witch sounded ballistic, but Perri agreed and took one hundred sea Brownies from her luggage and carefully placed them in the oven.
  Perri and I waited boardly in the box. "How long is this supposed to take?" Asked Perri. The Witch told us to stay perfectly still in the box intill the clock hits midnight and it was soon July 30th.